Top hiring sectors in Wellington

Hi,

let's talk about job opportunities in Wellington.

What are the top hiring sectors?

And according to you, what are the most promising job sectors, which will keep creating jobs in Wellington?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience,

Julien

Uh no reply yet... Let me try to elaborate on this. My partner was transferred to Wellington so I had to follow and I am looking for a job.
What I can see mainly are job ads for the public sector. Wellington being the capital city, you will have a lot of job ads for government agencies and ministries, at all levels (assistant but also manager).
Another booming sector is IT. There are dozens of job ads for IT positions such as business analysts but also project managers in IT.
I have been here only for a month so maybe some more experienced people can elaborate on this!
Cheers
For the younger ones coming with a working holiday visa, there are plenty of opportunities in bars and restaurants.

As for the private sector people, they are the unlucky ones, as all the big headquarters of large companies are located in Auckland. All the heavy industry, pharma industry, and I would say in general that marketing positions are quite rare in Wellington. (unless you are interestd in the IT sector).