Ive just received a job offer

HI Guys,
Ive just received a job offer from a company called Sogea satom Construction based in Yaounde. Offer sounds really good but worried about scams Etc. Have been asked to book my accommodation for the first month at Tou'Ngou Hotel and pay for it. They will then refund me after a month and move me to company housing. Can someone maybe advise me on what the procedures are for obtaining a visa as the contract states that I need to have accommodation before receiving a visa.

It is normal practice for the employer to accommodate employees.
They also have to undertake all the relevant paperwork for a visa. 

If they have company housing why are they not moving you into there straight away??

I suspect they want to try you out for a month at no cost to them  and if you turn out okay they will then employ you. If not they will get rid of you.

Sounds ok then but Im concerned about having to pay for the accommodation upfront and then not receiving the plane tickets, visa etc. This would mean that Ill be out of pocket a couple of thousand with no visa or ticket.

Hi Gavinvanstaden,

Welcome to Expat.com!

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Cameroon forum for more visibility.

All the best,
Christine
Expat.com team

per qualsiasi dubbio, vai all'ambasciata del Cameroun, non mandare mai soldi per nessun motivo. Assicurati che esista veramente la società.

Hi dora8,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

It would be really great if you can keep it in English on the English Forum so as the other members can understand as participate as well :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team