Jubail life

Hello all,

We are a young couple with one child, from England and we are considering a move for my husband to work in Jubail.
As we do not have any experience with the expat life (especially life in Jubail) we are trying to find some info.

The main questions are:
-do you have to be covered everywhere(compound,city mall,airport
-what is there for children to do?
-are you free to do as you want as a woman alone ( go to mall...)
-is it a safe country for woman alone to do things
-how can she fill her day? work,expat events....

We are hoping someone can give some more insight in day to day life for us.
All additional info you can give is very welcome!

Kind regards :)

Sorry I can't help much with experience about life here, I've only been here for 1 month myself and I don't have and kids and my wife is not with me here.

Anywhere you go outside, a woman has to be covered. Not 100% sure about on the compounds though, I'm in a compound for single guys without their family.

As far as I know, most family compounds have good facilities for young kids, its when you are having teenagers that life on a compound might be a bit boring.

I'm from co. Durham originally myself so not so far from Stockton, so should you get here before mid January, get in touch ;)
All the best with the plans

Stephen

The main questions are:
-do you have to be covered everywhere(compound,city mall,airport
-what is there for children to do?
-are you free to do as you want as a woman alone ( go to mall...)
-is it a safe country for woman alone to do things
-how can she fill her day? work,expat events....

-except compound . she has to wear abaya nd not necessary to wear hijab (as i see always )
-alot of toytowns in jubail nd on the beach . also to play with my son :D
-yes woman can go anywhere it is safe . put not authorize to drive a car . by driver or compound bus (i saw it ).
- throw gym . shopping . visit a lot of western people in jubail city . compound events .

most welcom there . hope u will enjoy time