Why do you like posting on here?  What make this forum different to the others?  Anyone care to share

There seem to be more people talking to each other rather than just looking for jobs - There are plenty of those, but I don't read them anyway.

The Hong Kong & China forums are 99% job/visa seekers who don't know how to use Google.

we can get new friends :)

princess sandra wrote:

we can get new friends :)

really????

by posting here we can get new friends?
really??

aaahhh..maybe there's a new thing that said "post 5 threads and get your new friend!"

-------------------------N E W S--------------------------

5 posts for 1 friend!!! limited offer....post it quick!!!

Sharing informations Luke :-)
Useful informations.....

I agree with Hailey, is interesting people chatting about important things like the correct use of Bahasas.

And I have met a lot of nice people through this forum, maybe not 1 free friend for every 5 posts, but close to that :)

If I cant find 5 can I rent a jockey?

Samhand wrote:

And I have met a lot of nice people through this forum, maybe not 1 free friend for every 5 posts, but close to that :)

okay...  4,5

deal?

I do agree with Sam, there are a lot of nice people on this forum.

aabie ryan wrote:
Samhand wrote:

okay...  4,5

deal?

Deal :D
Though not sure about the jockeys luke

lukereg wrote:

If I cant find 5 can I rent a jockey?

if you can't post 5 threads...you can ask me to make a thread for you..

1 thread for 1 week will cost 3.000.000
(same price with learning bahasa indonesia with half koala man)

Only if you promise me a job and a luxury villa in Bali, next to Roy

Am quite new in the Forum, and so far I get to know more things ,and the information that i got here is pretty legit.

It's quite nice that we meet people who think alike (well some haha),and this is better than a Facebook:P

Glad that am part of the people who set things right on what "Bahasa" means :D

I don't know about you guys, but I found EB by accident and it is one of the best things that I found :lol:

-Dewi-

lukereg wrote:

a luxury villa in Bali, next to Roy

naaah...that's my place!!!

you will be in tangerang next to mas fred

No idea, but as i ventured to other countries forum ... pretty much dead!!

Also, always nice knowing different types of people :) Good fun, learned a thing or two :))

People seem to have a lot of spare time on this forum ;)

me included

Samhand wrote:

me included

Its addictive (making fun of some threads :D )

Sophie Fisher wrote:
Samhand wrote:

me included

Its addictive (making fun of some threads :D )

Yup :P:P:P

need rehab?

me : NOOO!!

i'm addicted to addiction

aabie ryan wrote:

need rehab?

me : NOOO!!

i'm addicted to addiction

And I'm confused :D
My brain is working too slow :P

annie...at least i post something

:lol:

I also agree about the attractive social aspects of this board and the moderation here seems pretty level headed and reasonable as well. 

One thing is for certain, this board has far, far more Indonesian members than any other forum relating to Indonesia, and I personally really like that. 

Finally, what I really like is that “Indonesian bashing” by disgruntled curmudgeon expats is not well tolerated here.  On some other forums it seems that belly aching is the soup de jour.

Ubudian wrote:

Finally, what I really like is that “Indonesian bashing” by disgruntled curmudgeon expats is not well tolerated here.  On some other forums it seems that belly aching is the soup de jour.

Indonesia bashing really bugs me.
Expats don't have to come to Indonesia but generally do so because they get well paid and have a good lifestyle.
Some go on to moan about how crap the country is.

Apart from being really rude, it's a load of old round things anyway.
Indonesia has its faults (What country doesn't?) but I love the place.

Those that 'bash' Indonesia, or any other country for that matter are usually disgruntled, illiterate, ignorant individuals who see whatever country, not for what it is and has that is different from their country,but bemoan the fact that it is not the same as their country.

What amazes me is that the majority of people who are so keen to come here do so little research to find out what it is like here and then arrive to discover its not what they want.

As I like to tell me new staff when they arrive. If you are expecting a western lifestyle, go count the fire exits and fire extinguishers in this building and come back to me....

That normally stops them.

stumpy wrote:

Those that 'bash' Indonesia, or any other country for that matter are usually disgruntled, illiterate, ignorant individuals who see whatever country, not for what it is and has that is different from their country,but bemoan the fact that it is not the same as their country.

I have to object - If they were illiterate, they couldn't post their baby-like moans on forums.

lukereg wrote:

As I like to tell me new staff when they arrive. If you are expecting a western lifestyle, go count the fire exits and fire extinguishers in this building and come back to me....

Classy. :D

I like reading all the jovial comments in reply to other posts. Gives me a great snigger in an otherwise sniggerless day! What else am I to do all day? Please keep posting!

Oh, and "Stumpy" has more flags than me! If I live in a place less than 6 months can I claim an extra Flag?   Oooops, is that going off topic? will I get Flagged?

Hmmm, I generally view those long strings of flags as being more indicative of taking way too much time to figure out that living in Indonesia is best!  ;)

How do you get so many flags as a new member? I could list all the countries that I went to before Indonesia, but that just reinforces Roys point.

I've been around the world and around the world and now delighted to have come to Indonesia. Wish I'd come here earlier :) but at least I have some experience and perspective to understand that its a great place to live :)

"How do you get so many flags as a new member?"

By completing the "my path" segment of your profile.  It's supposed to be only places where one has lived, not just visited. How one determines a long stay visit from a short stay living experience beats the heck out me.

Ubudian wrote:

"How do you get so many flags as a new member?"

By completing the "my path" segment of your profile.  It's supposed to be only places where one has lived, not just visited. How one determines a long stay visit from a short stay living experience beats the heck out me.

Thanks Roy

How about if you were there for a week and had a mind bending experience, changed your world view or even if the earth just moved a little bit for you late on night :)

I'll go with anything over 6 months, all the rest is just tourism

"How about if you were there for a week and had a mind bending experience, changed your world view or even if the earth just moved a little bit for you late on night."

Yes, I could have put Thailand down as part of my path, (well more than six months in BKK), but I thought that discretion is still the better part of valor. :D

:D

There are a few lively discussions in the North Korea forum as well.

mas fred wrote:
Ubudian wrote:

Indonesia bashing really bugs me.
Expats don't have to come to Indonesia but generally do so because they get well paid and have a good lifestyle.
Some go on to moan about how crap the country is.

Apart from being really rude, it's a load of old round things anyway.
Indonesia has its faults (What country doesn't?) but I love the place.

Very well said.

Thanks Samhand and Ubudian, but I don't remember it quantifying a time period or if it defined living, just my path to get here, hence the question. I kind of rounded up the places where I was based from, but over the years had spent more than 6 months there. Having lived a FIFO type existence since the age of 18, under your 6 month rule, I haven't lived anywhere for 30 years. Oh no,I'm a vagrant! Where's the soup line?

lukereg wrote:

Why do you like posting on here?  What make this forum different to the others?  Anyone care to share

I prefer this forum over others because it feels genuine. I really like the job the moderators do on keeping topics on track, excluding advertising, and encouraging members to share the information they have with the forum. I've read through some other forums & the topics go way off course & it becomes people arguing or bashing each other. This forum is drama free & I appreciate that. I joined this forum seeking information about life in Indonesia from people who are already there, living the life. I feel this forum, and it's members, have been very helpful and encouraging while maintaining maturity and professionalism.

Oh and Guy's, before I break Etiquette again, what's the rules governing the photo's I post? Am I allowed to post, if I'm only in the country for one month at a time? What's the accepted subject matter? Not living in a couple of countries this year, can I post pics taken in those countries also??

Oh fiddle stick's, I'm off topic aren't I......sorry....what was the topic again?