Art Supply and crafts

Hi all! Would anyone recommend places for quality watercolor, oils, fine brushes, canvas etc as well as needlepoint or bead and jewelry supplies, sewing supplies and notions? Thanks in advance.

Hey,

Try at Jarir bookstore  or Rawaa Al Maktabat (The blue building in Sultan Street next to GNP and The Water Park ).

Cheers,

Al Foosno?? bookstore in Al Shatee Souk had art supplies. Not sure what quality they are as it is not really my thing so didn't check it on a lot.

Someone had grown up and start giving advices !! I think that I will cry :sosad:

Stressedmom you sounded soooo local!!! :thanks:

“I would have given anything to keep her little. They outgrow us so much faster than we outgrow them."
Brian Fitzgerald

Thx to  ahmadaq and stressedmom.... I'm much prefer to travel light ( one roller carry one) but this relocation to Jeddah requires luggage.  I'm optimizing any advice girven so to save space..I've travelled to and through many times... Appreciate your thoughts!!

Hey,

You can buy most things here, for sure not the same brands you have back home in the States, but equivalent and as good….. I personally think that you will know what you exactly need and miss when you are physically here, so you can bring it back with you on your first holidays outside the Kingdom.

I use to miss having a good Alaskan Salmon fish meal, but now we have a restaurant here in Jeddah specialized on Salmon.

When I was living abroad, I also missed my Carpet Hand Swivel Sweeper Brush Cleaner… brought one back with me on my first break back in Saudi.

Ahmadaq- absolutely will know once i get there to do a real inventory but justbtrying to optimize this trp over....the carpet sweeper is excellent thought! Just keep posting since I've got a few days left. Appreciate it much.

Regarding crafts stuff, I've seen some beads, etc., for sale at the Kuwaiti souk.  But you'll never find a selection as good as AC Moore's!

Stationary Fantasy also has some craft supplies

Alliecat wrote:

Regarding crafts stuff, I've seen some beads, etc., for sale at the Kuwaiti souk.  But you'll never find a selection as good as AC Moore's!

ooops.. you're in Jeddah. Sorry!

Thx Yolande!! Alliecat, I will check it out when I'm Riyadh, thx

go to gernata st cross fahad st alot of art supplies shops there

Anybody can teach me sewing/Tailoring(Indian style dresses). Or plz let me know the places where i can learn it in Riyadh..