Help me figure this out please.

Hi.
I need serious help, and looking on the internet i found this forum, hoping I find some good hearted person that can answer my questions, and give some help.

I'm american, living with my fiancee in malta, for 7 months now. We decided that we can't live apart anymore, she can't move there because of family issues, so i moved here.

Thing is we can not get married, since she is seperated, and here they do not have divorce.

I tried going to the american embasy here and they said they are only here to help maltese people getting tinto america, not for helping americans that actually are trying to stay in malta and get a job.

I took several courses to get a job, including The warden job, i passed with a 100%, i went to get the license from the main police station here, and they said in order to get the license i need a paper written by an employer willing to hire me.

I went to several agencies applying for this job, and they said i need the working permit in order to get the licence. Figure that out ?

Then finally I found an agency that was willing to write the paper, and they did write the paper, i went to the ETC and I paid a 150 euro fee, they said i had to wait 6 weeks for the permit, which is fine, 1 week after that, a manager at the ETC told me that i cant get the working permit as a warden, because in order to get it, i need to have a special skill that no maltese can do, and every maltese can do the warden. Figure that out too. I had my own company in the US, security company which was brilliant and sold to move here to be with my fiancee.

Now i'm getting out of malta every 3 months for 24 hours and come back, since thats the procedure to stay here.

I heard that i can get a business ( a small shop) and get freedom of movement, and that was my plan, i found a shop i wanted to buy for 10 000 euro, i went to the TC once again and they told me I have to invest one hundred thousand euros in a business, not less. ofcourse i don't have that kind of money, and even if i had, it's not guaranteed that after you invest you'll get the permit. So another hope gone and died.

We went to the ETC, Castille, Main police department Depot, lawyer, everywhere they told us to go, and they keep turning us round and round and in vain. We spend all our money in vain, and soon i have to leave for another 24 hours to a non eu country and come back to my fiancee.

We want to biuld a family and we cant because of all the policies and rules here. We love each other and they are not letting us. We ended up with no money, the little money she has coming in we have to spend it on me going back and forth every 3 months. We literally don't know what else to do. if somebody here has an idea or went through this and can give a suggestion or idea, please do. Help us stay together.

Sounds like you have a lot of things going on at the same time.
There are a few possibilities but it depends on your personal situation, and local network. Are you in Malta currently ?

If yes then it is slightly easier as you can do some groundwork and move things around which is harder to do if you are abroad so thats a  positive :)

Sent you a PM

Sent you a pm too, thank you !

Hi,

We were in a similar situation as my partner is American and I'm British and cannot get married.
She was recently denied a work permit from the ETC although they gave her one last year and her school wrote her the cover letter and say that they cannot find a Maltese with her qualifications.The ETC just say that there are enough and don't even care about special qualifications.
Just make sure that your permits/visas don't expire and that you have readable entry stamps/visas in your passport because that is the easiest reason for them to deny your application for a work permit or residence permit.
I'm in Germany this week but if you are in Malta we can get together next week and I can give you some personal tips about how we solved the problem.
Send me a PM