Visit Bali

Hi everyone ...

When is the best time to visit Bali ?

When it isn't rainy season.

For cost it is best to avoid any major Indonesian holiday,  Australian school breaks and the heavier months of the rainy season. Saying that it really does not matter too much. Rain or shine Bali is always a great place to visit.

elimay wrote:

Hi everyone ...

When is the best time to visit Bali ?

The best time to visit Bali in terms of weather is during the cooler dry season, from April to October. The rest of the year is more humid, more cloudy and has more rainstorms, but you can still enjoy a holiday.

regards :)

“Rain or shine Bali is always a great place to visit.”

That is the truth!

In fact, if you look at tourist arrival numbers, month by month there isn't that significant a difference in arrival numbers month after month, even for the rainy season months. 

We rarely get sustained monsoon type of rains, and much of our rain during the rainy season comes in the late afternoons and evenings in the form of thunder storms.

I went in February-March.  The weather couldn't have been better.  It rained a lot, but compared to Hong Kong rain, it was a light drizzle.

And Feb-March are the normal peak months of our rainy season.

People kept telling me it was the rainy season, but it seemed like barbecue weather to me.

Not knowing what part of the states you are from Hailey, I'm from NYC/New England and definitely used to four distinct seasons.  Here in Bali we have two seasons only, and they are barely distinguishable except that it is more humid and it rains more often from October through March.  As you say, it's year round BBQ weather here. 

I used to spend a lot of time in Hong Kong (pre hand over) and Macau back in “another life” and I recall some pretty seriously humid and rainy days.  I loved Hong Kong and even though Macau was Portuguese garbage pit back then, it had its own character and appeal, not to mention it was the only practical way to do “business” with mainlanders.

I am thinking of going to Bali maybe October / November .. how longs does a visa last and were do I get one from ??

As you are from the UK and presumably traveling on a UK passport you are eligible for a visa on arrival which will be issued to you at the airport.  This visa costs US $25.00 and it is good for a 30 day stay.  Note, your arrival date is day number 1. 

If you want to stay longer than the 30 days allowed you can extend your VOA once here in Bali at either of the three kantor imigrassi offices (immigration offices) on Bali.  That extension costs the same…$25.00 and it's good for an additional 30 days.

If your stay is going to be more than 60 days, and you know this with certainty before leaving the UK you should apply for a 60 day visit visa at either the Indonesian embassy or Consulate office in the UK.  That 60 day visit visa can be extended here in Bali for up to four times, each time being good for an additional 30 days thus allowing for a total stay of 180 days.

I'm from Minnesota.  Bali rain can't compare to what I'm used to.

Ubudian wrote:

I used to spend a lot of time in Hong Kong (pre hand over) and Macau back in “another life” and I recall some pretty seriously humid and rainy days.  I loved Hong Kong and even though Macau was Portuguese garbage pit back then, it had its own character and appeal, not to mention it was the only practical way to do “business” with mainlanders.

Macau is like Hong Kong's retarded brother.  Kind of like the US and Canada.  It's probably not as bad as it used to be, but it's nothing to get excited about.