Driver rates?

My wife will need a driver for the next 5 months to travel from Gabrielle Church/ Lafto Mall area to the University of Addis. 

What is a reasonable rate that we should expect to pay?  Should we pay a monthly fee or daily?

Also, should we contract with a taxi driver for the transportation, or would any of you recommend something different?

Thanks!

taxi fare would be high. i suggest renting a car with driver is a better option. for reasonable rate pls visit mekina.net or call 0911235133, 0921752807 low profiled car rental services near stadium.

monthly fee preferable. let the driver collect his salary from the renter and you keep the car overnight, if not keep registering mileage.

but if you dnt need the service of the vehicle full day, that means if it is only two ways trip, it is better to get lada/Corolla taxi.

Gabriel church/lafto mall-Addis Ababa Univ.- Gabriel church/lafto mall would be  not more than 200 birr. two ways of course.

hope this helps.

Liz

Dear Leviwashington,

I advise you to hire a private car with driver. Usia Taxi would be higher. My brother rents a car and for two way drive, 250 birr  per day is fair. You can contact me at 0911360488.
I am a professional experienced tour organiser and guide, if you need my service any time.

Best wishes,

Muluken