Is 600 Euros/Month in Berlin good enough?

Is 600 Euros/Month in Berlin good enough after getting free accommodation, fooding, travel allowance, bills etc to send money to home country(India)?

I have been offered Apprenticeship in Berlin where i will be accommodated in company's apartment reserved for apprentices. I won't have to pay any type of  cold rent bills(electricity, water, gas). Whilst in apprenticeship for 2 years, I will not be taxed. I am being offered 3 meals a day free and transportation allowance is also full going to vocational school and company(no personal transportation expenses for sight seeing etc. are covered).

So Will 600 Euros/month be enough for me to make money transfer to India say about 200-250 Euros/month after making some savings in bank a/c.

well, it all depends on your life style. you need to pay social contribution (= health/pension/unemployment/nursing care insurance). that's roughly 20% of your salary,
so you have 480 Euros left. If you want a cell phone and gym membership, that's about 40 per month. do you get the 3 meals per day during the week only or also at the weekend? how do you get these meals when you are sometimes at the company and sometimes at school? keep in mind it will
be german food (I hope you are not a vegetarian), so you might wanna go out for some indian food once in while as well.

what are you planning to do during your vacation? They won't be much money left to buy even food during that time, forget about a plane ticket back home! what about new clothes? are you prepared for the german winter (cloth wise)?

it probably is doable but does not sound like much fun.

Hi,

I have shared my contact details to your expact mail box. Kindly contact me .

subha5355 wrote:

Is 600 Euros/Month in Berlin good enough after getting free accommodation, fooding, travel allowance, bills etc to send money to home country(India)?

I have been offered Apprenticeship in Berlin where i will be accommodated in company's apartment reserved for apprentices. I won't have to pay any type of  cold rent bills(electricity, water, gas). Whilst in apprenticeship for 2 years, I will not be taxed. I am being offered 3 meals a day free and transportation allowance is also full going to vocational school and company(no personal transportation expenses for sight seeing etc. are covered).

So Will 600 Euros/month be enough for me to make money transfer to India say about 200-250 Euros/month after making some savings in bank a/c.

Regards
Debayan

Yes, I think it's manageable, as long as the company are covering all of your costs including food, travel expenses, and health care (you should check on that, because it's expensive).

You basically don't need to spend anything, except for toothpaste, shower gel etc. and the occasional evening out.  As long as you are careful with your money - I think it's okay.

Kerrie

K&I wrote:

Yes, I think it's manageable, as long as the company are covering all of your costs including food, travel expenses, and health care (you should check on that, because it's expensive).

You basically don't need to spend anything, except for toothpaste, shower gel etc. and the occasional evening out.  As long as you are careful with your money - I think it's okay.

Kerrie

Thanks Kerrie. So, are you counting on the fact that I'll be able to save a decent amount every month from those 600 Euros if all the expenses are being covered and by spending very little, say on basic amenities?

Yes, if you don't have to pay any bills or food, travel, insurance etc., i think 100€ of pocket money a week is a good amount, as long as you don't go out partying or for dinner very often. :)