Places to visit in Lithuania

Hi,

For the ones living in Lithuania, what would you suggest to discover the country?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Lithuania, the tourist sites?

How to visit the country in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Lithuania?

Thank you in advance for participating. ;)

Julie

Hello! I'm from Lithuania, and I suggest to visit of course capital Vilnius (there is Gediminas castle, beautiful old town, cathedral, churches). Near Vilnius you can find other amazing small town Trakai ( there are beautiful castle in the middle of the lake, where you can rent boat or water bikes. Also in this town live small ethic group of people karaims, so you can try their amazing food, like kibinai). 
From Vilnius you can go easy by train to Trakai, Kaunas and even visit cities near the Baltic sea.
Kaunas is the second biggest city of Lithuania, there are a lot of museums, churches, also castle.There are Kauno marios (lagoon) where you can sail.
Near the Baltic sea you must visit Kuršių nerija. It's amazing! this region is in UNESCO. There are beautiful dunes, the city is very quiet and peaceful.
Some other interesting places: In Šiauliai - Kryžių kalnas, Druskininkai, Nida...
If you want action, you can visit water park in Vilnius called Vichy park. Also in Lithuania there are a lot of parks, where you can climb trees and fly with rope above the river. One of the biggest is Tarzanija park :)
Traveling is easy by train, and it's cost less. From Vilnius you can go to some mentioned cities like Trakai, or travel through all Lithuania and see the Baltic sea. From Vilnius to Klaipėda (near the sea) you will pay about 15euros.

Thanks for wonderful information about places to see in or nearby vilnius. keep posting
great
prem

hello ... I'm from mexico there ire for the next year and want to make friends to have someone to walk around and show me the beauty of that country .... ¿to lodge be friends? :(