Places to visit in Muscat

Hi,

For the ones living in Muscat, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Muscat, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days or for a week of holidays in Muscat?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

I think someone should reply to this, maybe someone from the Team in Muscat. It would help really.

Al Nahda Spa & Resort...anyone here stayed at this place as I have just had the worst experience ever with their so called Therapists resulting in us checking out after one day when we had booked 3 days!

Al Nadha Resort & Spa is one of the better-known resorts near Muscat. If they are really bad, then that leaves a lot to be desired. Besides the obvious, I do not have any details.

I have only gone there for a meal, and they were mere passable - not great.

Hi all,

Please note that some off topic posts have been removed from this discussion

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat.com Team

[Moderated: Post in English only on the Anglophone forum.]

Enjoy teaching at Nizwa University, its a great town.

thank you! Are you living in Nizwa?

Living in Muscat but Nizwa has some interesting stuff going on there, especially if you can drive to some of the desert camps :)

Sounds good! I hope I can meet friends there!

1. Beach
2. AL Sahwa Garden, Quram Garden, Riam Park.
3. Barka Zoo
4. Al Nahada Resort.

Is the Barka (So called) ZOO, or in other name, the ostrich form still open? I heared it was closed few months back ...!!

Hello All..

I'm surprised that more hasn't been said. I've been in Muscat for two months thus far, and would say the following are options to consider:

1. Mutra SouQ (apologies for any misspelled words)
2. Royal Opera House
3. Fun Zone - Ice skating & bowling
4. MGM - Muscat Grand Mall
5. ODC - Oman Dive Centre for both diving and sun bathing (note that it's a bikini beach resort)
6. GO Karting - Near Muscat Airport, the track is 1.2 KM long.
7. Kargeen Restaurant - Amazing decor. Also, If you like shisha, they offer that there.
8. Qurum Beach - they have jet skis
9. Cinema in Shatti Qurum
10. Crown Plaza Hotel - they have a few places to eat inside the hotel. Also, you can use their pool, gym and private beach for a small fee.

Hope this provides so useful insight from a novice travelers perspective.

Regards,

Icey :one

thanks alot ice muslim im moving to muscat in a couple of days and your info will surely be a help

I await any further contributions

shotta_kh wrote:

thanks alot ice muslim im moving to muscat in a couple of days and your info will surely be a help

I await any further contributions

You're most welcome.

They're only some of the places I've visited, but I'll say there is much more than that to offer. I'd suggest visiting trip advisor also for ideas.

1. Sink hole
2. Wadhi Sheb
3. Jebal Akhdar

Let us know when you land, and if there's any local info that you need, don't be a stranger.

Regards,