Where to Live in Brussels? Costs? Studying in VUB.

Hi Everyone,

I am leaving from Saudi Arabia to Brussels by the end of August to study Masters degree in VUB, but one of my many concerns is knowing where to live.
I got confused while browsing the internet for an answer, but the discussions in this forum sounds promising.

I'm a 24 years old male, single, speaking nothing but English and Arabic, looking to continue my career as a Senior Procurement Executive.

I will be spending from my savings till finding a job and I've heard that €1000 - €1200 will cover all my expenses, is that correct?

Thanks in advance, and I hope that I took the right decision in choosing Belgium.

You should be fine of 1000-1200 for a single person, if happy with sharing an apartment, or otherwise you might be lucky to find a studio around 600 euro mark. I wouldn't go above €600 on basic rent. Many apartments have obligatory charges too, some include gas/electricity/water, some not, do check what charges are.

VUB is on the edge of 3 communes :
1050 Ixelles
1040 Etterbeek
1160 Auderghem
not far
1150 WSP though can get expensive

You should be fine looking in above communes for somewhere to live. You can enjoy your time on immoweb.be and scouring facebook, appartager.be etc, but you might end up changing your mind about where you want to live, once you arrive.

Thanks a lot tervurener. I will consider searching in the above communes.

I am currently in the same boat. I just don't know where to begin everything is a bit overwhelming. I was wondering how did you get on?. Do you have any advice or websites you used to find a place to live?.

Shan

I am also in the same boat! Looking for work and place to live as an only English speaker from Australia ! Let me no how u get on!