Double-minded and need opinion

Hi,

I am Pakistani national and live in Chicago (US) have just got an offer in Rabigh, and I was told the whole visa process may take another 3 months.

My wife is expecting in October. So I am double minded now and considering 2 options:

1. In 3 months when my visa will be approved, I won't be able to travel till March, because of wife's condition. But it will not be acceptable with my employer. they won't wait that long. Also, I believe it will be too risky to take her with me when I don't know much about location etc.

2. 2nd option is to send her right away to Pakistan for a few months, I go on my own, join the company, and bring her to KSA after sometime. Question is, if she is in Pakistan, while I am in US, how would her and my expected baby's visa process will work?

Any suggestions please? Appreciate your help. :|

Regards.

A decent company will get you a visa in 3 months. Add 1 month for the Iqama and family visa and a buffer of say 15 days. That's the baseline. So the minimum period you'll have to leave her away is 1.5 months.

1- You can't take her along.
2- When you'll apply her visa, child's visa will be processed simultaneously.

If the offer you are getting is not remarkably good (must have LOTs of bucks in the offer as Rabigh is a small town far away from major big cities), why don't you consider dropping the entire idea?

TLL has provided the correct approximation for the time period required for the process. If its Petro Rabigh, the time required may be less than 1.5 months for Iqama and family visa.

I would just add that its better to send your wife to Paksitan and get your process completed through some agent in Pakistan.You can always bring her when she is ready and fit to travel.

I also had to come to Saudi after 15 days of my childs birth and brought them here after around 2 months of my arrival in KSA.

granted your company doesnt have  a 90 day waiting period as mine did as well.

Thanks all for replying and clarifying.

I am yet to receive the offer letter and seems like they are taking time more than usual, or it may be due to Ramadan's reduced hours.

So I am inclined (taking your suggestions) to send my wife to Pakistan and bring her after a few months.

If anyone of you are working at Petro Rabigh, can you share life at work and at home generally?

Thank you and everybody is so helpful!

The Ramadan and Eid holidays in the public sector, start tomorrow (Thursday, Aug 01) and they are shut for nearly 2 weeks. So expect an even longer delay.

Good luck with everything :)

WOW......... It's frustrating, but I think I would love the generous holidays and vacations system. :rolleyes:

Have you all done your medical?  I don't know about your company specifically, but for us (having just gone through all of this and due to arrive soon) ours went something like this:

Finalized contract / negotiations Feb 1.
Had baby March 4
Got Passport done for baby April
Completed Medical for husband / me May
Submitted diplomas for authentication June
Submitted medical / passports for visas end of June
Visas done and received mid July (we had a hitch from an error of employer side).

We are all due to arrive together, no waiting behind for kids and me or anything like that, but that may be different according to employment type, not sure.

So that was our approximate timeline.  Our baby is 5 almost 5 months old now. We would have rushed more but we also had to wait for the kids to get out of school and husband to work out his employer's required notice.

After your baby is born, it takes a few weeks to get birth certificate and passport done anyway, so you can count at least a month for that.  Then you have to send that passport along with all of yours for the visas and that'll take a couple of weeks. So, that'll give you approximately 1.5 months after the birth of the baby. I have five kids and assuming everything's normal and baby is healthy, there shouldn't be any concern.