Accomodation

Hi there,
I have an offer for a job in Manama, with the accomodation in Hamad town. Since I donn't have a driving licence I will have to run for it. Can you help me with advice which is the best way of transport from Hamad town to Manala for someone who doesn't posses the car? Or I should ask the employer to find me accomodation in Manala?
Regards, Vladimir

Your only choices are taxi,  private driver or to live close to your work.

Public transport in Bahrain is virtually none existent

Hi Cat vet,

Welcome to Expat-Blog ;)

Thank you for your contribution Josnuggles :)

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Best option is to get it from your employer ...

If they can move you to a nearby location, it would be much easier. You'd also be saving costs.

Hamad town is far from everything for bahraini  but for you I dont know . the best way is to ask your employer to pay you or to provide you transportation.

Taxi in Bahrain very expansive

Hamad Town is about 25 km from Manama. Its going to cost you about 3 to 5 dinars each way by private taxi and about 8 to 10 dinars each way by official taxis. Even if you were to arrange transport to pay monthly you will still end up paying a big amount each month.

Try to ask for accomodation in Manama, preferably somewhere near your workplace.

Thank you for replying,
I will ask my employer to find me accomodation closer to the place of work. Does anyone have experience with that? Are the employers willing to do that and what can Iexpect regarding this issue?

Nothing like trying, Cat vet. You will not know if you dont ask.

Its either that or you ask the employer to provide transport to and from work. However, living closer to work is better since Hamad Town is some distance away from the main action areas.

Good luck!

Some employers will have pre-arranged accommodation such as buildings already owned by the company so they might not be willing to relocate you anywhere else. But this is very rare, companies are usually flexible when it comes to the location, as long as the location of your choice is within their budget. Visit www.bahrainpropertyworld.com website and see the property prices in places you would like to live. You can at least have some ideas whether your company can afford the location of your choice or not.

Keep us posted and good luck!