Meat. pork, fish availability

Does anyone have direct knowledge on the availability of Beef, pork and fish in Da Lat. A friend thinks that because they are a rather small town high up etc. that it maybe hard to get or expensive.

All is easy and cheap to obtain, like any Vietnamese city I think, a walk through the market will spoil you for choice :)

Thanks Thi-Tran,
   I kind of thought so. But my fiancee' has only ever been in HCMC. So she thinks the rest of Vietnam is eating, I don't know what. You don't know of any people we can go through to rent a nice place long term. Would like to stay at or under $1,000 USD a month. Even then at the high end it would need to be a real nice place. My GF is worried about security and crime. I think she prefers an apartment complex with dedicated security. I prefer a single house out of city center. But I'll yield to her as she knows more about this than myself. Maybe we can meet you when we get to Da Lat. Here is my personal e-mail [email protected]

No worries mate, I dunno if I can help you in the accommodation department since I've only recently just moved here, though I know someone who might be able to, I'll ask him for you and sure give us a shout when you get here, hopefully I'll have some useful info for you then :)

Hi bta87,

Yes fish is freshly available, on the market, still alive. :)
Pork and beef (also frog) are available at the supermarket near the market, up the steps and than to the right.

I was there only a week, but i was not impressed by the Beef available in Vietnam.
though i heard good story's about imported beef from Australia.
Though that is expensive.

My wife and I will shift to Dalat next month, we are looking forward to it.