Looking to move to Lima, Peru

Hey!

Im a BSc graduate from Oxford Brookes, studied IT Management for Business, and I am looking into ways to move across the atlantic to Peru. I am currently learning Spanish, I have a basic understanding of the language from frequent visits to Spain to see my partner (who is Spanish and now living/working in Lima) but I am currently really trying to improve my level of proficiency.

I currently have a pretty good job in Oxford working as an IT Project Manager, however I have been considering the possibility of taking a lesser job to really immerse myself in the Spanish-Peruvian language and culture, seeing as I am still early in my career at 24. I also think this would be a good way to get my Spanish up to the level required to apply/take on jobs that are relevant to my degree and field of expertise.

Really im looking for any advise on moving to Lima, Peru, places to look for jobs and potential accommodation, how likely it is that I would find work as just an English Speaker, anything along these lines.

The more information I can get, the better equipped I will be when making this decision!

Thanks in advance, I look forward to hearing from you :)

Jon

One of the best places that I have found to check jobs in Lima is clasificados.pe/lima

And working at management positions I think it matters more having contacts and references that a good CV. Specially you can find IT market very dissapointing in Peru.

Lets try again the link clasificados.pe/lima

Thanks for the link I'll check it out! I heard that was the case as well as the prerequisite of being bilingual, which I am far from!

I've heard there isn't many English speaking jobs at all, anyone got an opinion on that?

[Moderated: Expat.com is not a dating website]

I have just posted about Lima at the Expat Café thread on Top Things I Learned at Expat.Com's Country Forums.

Here is the link....

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 22#3013830

(Report #4 on that thread.)

cccmedia