Looking to chat to expat Mums in Erbil, Iraq

Hi, I'm Debbie, I'm a 37 year old Scottish Mum of 2 girls, aged 12+ 8.

My husband has a job opportunity in Erbil and I'd love to chat to some Mums who have moved there.

Look forward to hearing from you x

I'm in the same boat as you but 33 year old mom from Canada with 3 kids.  Ages 4,7 and 9 years old.  Have you looked into schools or places to live or any activities for the kids yet?  If so, please let me know...thanks, K

Hi Debbie just want to let you know that the safety out here it is pretty good, and there is nothing to be worried as blowout or other stuff like that.

let me know if you have any other questions

thanks

hello, I'm not sure yet if you got the answers yet or no. In erbil yes there is American school and Cambridg school as well and some other international schools out here.

I live here in Erbil permanently.

Hi, I'm a Australian mum who's just moved to your neighbor city sulaymaniah. I have a 3year old and a 2 year old. I'm glad I found this blog because there's a couple of things I wanted to know if you can help me. My daughters naturally sensitive skin is breaking out with dry red patches everywhere is that from the water here? Any advice on what is available here to treat it. Please if someone has any idea please let me know and also what else am I to expect health wise? I appreciate any responses thankyou

I tried to write a blog about the education here in erbil some time ago , however the powers that be decided not to print it. The main school here for primary and secondary students in choufait , it is located outside of the city , next to American village , a lot of the expat children use this school , however the standards are lets say "not brilliant" , large class sizes and not the best teaching standards , but that is erbil in general , there are schools here but as yet they do not reach western standards.
erbil is a safe and enjoyable place to live , the local Kurdish people are very friendly , the cost of living here is higher than you may expect . I am a housewife here with older children who have flown the nest so I am not in need of the education facilities , I am however a retired teacher who would not let here children attend the schools here , one day erbil will certainly "get" there but it has quite a way to go yet . if you have alternatives ? take a good look .