Getting baby passport

Hi everyone

I will give birth next month, now time to think what i should do to get my baby passport, my hus and me are both foreigners, we want get baby two passports, from what i know now, is after giving birth, hospital will give a hospital birth certificat, then i have to get a birth certificate from vietnam government office, what  profiles shoud i prepere and where to do it?

After this is done, then go to my country,s consult  to get baby passport, is it right?

Hope anyone who had experience give me some advice, thanks:-)

Neither you or your husband is Vietnamese?
Which countries passports will you be getting?

Yes, none of us are vietnames, i am chinese, my hus is geman

You should ask for your embassy for your best answer.

From what I know and read, one of you needs to be a VN citizen. Maybe there are variations to this rule, but hey, this is VN anything is possible.

This is for German birth abroad in Canada but same should apply to Vietnam

http://www.canada.diplo.de/Vertretung/k … ement.html

Better you should relax and deliver the baby first!
Don't think too much about child's future now.
After delivery collect certificate from hospital. When you okay for outing just apply for the original birth certificate at: Department of Justice (141 & 143 Pasteur St., D3) with the following documents:

1. Certificate of Live Birth issued by the Hospital authority
2. Marriage Certificate of the parents
3. Original and photocopy of the Father's passport
4. Original and photocopy of the Mother's passport
5. Affidavit of the Child's nationality
6. Original and photocopy of the Landlord's Police Registration Book
7. Child Birth Registration Form from the Department of Justice
and some other documents and affidavits as they require depends your time and the officials mood :)
Law goes it's way;they works their way!
When you get the original birth certificate, you can think about more complications such as passport, visa, resident card... peace!

We are po tay with Vietnamese proceedings. So don't want children now!

Thanks very much for your useful information:-)

Babies are special.  You and your husband are very lucky.  For the paper work just contact your consulant.  Best Wishes...