Nice and clean public outdoor pools?

I'm looking for a clean outdoor public pool for my family with 3 kids to go to. Is there any helpful suggestions on where to go? and the cost it would be for admission? Thanks

A clean public outdoor pool is an oxymoron. Google public pools and you will never go in one! Just saying.

Well I asked for helpful not smart comments... And have been to pools that are clean so I don't know what kind of pools I have been to. :D

In her article "The Germy Truth about Public Swimming Pools", Connie Chettle discusses two pathogens, Cryptosporidium and Giardia, that cause diarrheal illnesses associated with swimming pools and water parks. These bugs are commonly found in recreational water because they can withstand chlorination. Cryptosporidium, for example, is highly resistant to chlorine and survives up to eleven days in chlorinated pool water because it is small enough to escape pool filters.

Each year, about 15 to 20 outbreaks of diseases, including stomach bugs and diarrhea, are blamed on dirty public pools, according to the CDC. A quarter of theses outbreaks are caused by bacteria, parasites and viruses that could have easily been prevented had the pools been properly chlorinated and monitored.

And don't trust your nose.

"Many people think that when a pool smells of chlorine, that means that it's clean," said Mary Ostrowski, director of the Chlorine Issues at the American Chemistry Council, a trade organization. "But that smell is actually chloramines, a substance that results from a mix of chlorine and bacteria, urine and sweat."

Need I continue????

Hello,

The Grand hotel Saigon - a 4 stars hotel on Dong kHoi street is nice. The ticket is at about 115,000 VND. I was told that there is also a nice pool in Sky garden in District 7. Besides, most of 5 star hotels have swimming pools but I think you must be their member.

Good luck :-)
LL

The manor building, Saigon pearl, Rex hotel (2 big nice swimming pools) and other 4 or 5starts hotels.

Solo1 wrote:

In her article "The Germy Truth about Public Swimming Pools", Connie Chettle discusses two pathogens, Cryptosporidium and Giardia, that cause diarrheal illnesses associated with swimming pools and water parks. These bugs are commonly found in recreational water because they can withstand chlorination. Cryptosporidium, for example, is highly resistant to chlorine and survives up to eleven days in chlorinated pool water because it is small enough to escape pool filters.

Each year, about 15 to 20 outbreaks of diseases, including stomach bugs and diarrhea, are blamed on dirty public pools, according to the CDC. A quarter of theses outbreaks are caused by bacteria, parasites and viruses that could have easily been prevented had the pools been properly chlorinated and monitored.

And don't trust your nose.

"Many people think that when a pool smells of chlorine, that means that it's clean," said Mary Ostrowski, director of the Chlorine Issues at the American Chemistry Council, a trade organization. "But that smell is actually chloramines, a substance that results from a mix of chlorine and bacteria, urine and sweat."

Need I continue????

Ha! So i guess we all better just lock ourselves in our homes and never go out since bacteria is everwhere...We all must die, but first we must live

And Thx ladies, i will try those pools out tmr :)