Who wants to play BASKETBALL?

i want to create a basketball group/club.  We can meet 1 per week.  If you have any suggestions where to play, please let me know. 

Thanks

Hi, I'm Yu.
That's good idea. I'd like to play. (I haven't been playing long time actually.)
I know some small courts in district 1 and have played some times.
The best court as far as I know might be next to a big soccer court along Huyen Tran Cong Chua St.
It needs to be reserved and some fee.

I'm ok for a try , on what day did you want to play, saturday or sunday ? sound good in D1 for me
Also, can we play night ? like at 20pm ?  if we can play night I'm on every days^^

I'll play if you can find enough guys to get a game going.  There's an outside court and indoor court at 75 Nguyen dinh chieu, district 3.  Not sure how much the cost is.

For those interested in basketball, i like to play early in the morning.  That would be a good way to start the day.  Monday-Friday.  Lets get everyone to agree on a day that best fits our schedule.

Waiting for replies!

See you soon

What do you mean by early ?  Because i go working at 7:30am. So I'm more interested to play the eveninh, but i'm ok for the morning on week end

I'm flexible with my schedule.  I can play some mornings and evenings.  Please post  down the time and days that you can join and play. Also, where in HCMC you live, so we can find a court somewhere in between. If anyone is very familiar with the HCMC, maybe you will know where all of the basketball courts are, Cost, time of service ETC.?  I be looking forward for all answers. Thank you
Silvio

Yesterday I ve played at the RMIT University in D7, it's free from 4pm to 7pm the week and open the week end (but there is some practise club on tuesday, thurday and I don't really remember the others days). And they told me there are a lot of people who plays the week mainly the sunday. Initially the basket are reserved to the student of school, but as i look like a student they don't say me anything, so I don't know if it's a really good place.

I'm ok for monday evening

All right... Lets Play Monday Evening....

Ben.. Please give Directions, and time.. also how to get there or maybe we all can meet, so we all can go together

So...

This Monday Evening... BAsketball.....

Waiting for Direction and Time/Where to meet

Let me know where you all  play.    ---text me 01289843773

Still waiting on Ben to give us the  Location where the basketball court is.. i dont know Dist 7 at all..

so.. if we can meet somewhere on La Duan .. at  Starbucks that would be nice..

around 3:30. .or so...

Thanks...  Hope to see you guys soon

hi, name is silvio
"post  Who wants to play basketball"

Still waiting to see where the basketball court is from Ben

can you play tomorrow afternoon? Monday?

Hi guys ! sorry i've been very busy this week end.
There is a misunderstood  the court where i ve played it reserved to student. (it's in RMIT University D7: 702 Nguyễn Văn Linh, Tân Phong, Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam)
But I proposed to go today at 8pm like @seronkatu said in the  Huyen Tran Cong Chua street (d1) . We can meet in front of diamond plaza and then go search for the court, what do you think?

Yeah..we can meet DP.. but. i think 8pm is way to late.... i was thinking around 4pm so we can get some daylight game time....

can you play basketball today?

here is my number.. 0912109175
Silvio

If you know of a basketball court in Dist 1.. that would be great

here is my phone number [moderated: avoid your phone on a public forum]
Silvio

lets try to make it around 4 or 5pm DP on le Duan
Thanks

can you play basketball today?
we are meeting at Dimond Plaza on Le Duan
Silvio

I'm working today and I can come only from 7pm. So if you go earlier, I can't, but no worry I'll come next time (all the days on the week i can't go earlier than 7pm) but the week end it's ok no time problem

ok.. maybe we just wait till the end of the week....

Please,let everyone in the group know, when is the best day/time to play basketball

Thank you and Enjoy your week!!

I'll, be in ho chi minh city april 10th and staying for 4 weeks. Looking for some fun pick up basketball game to get back in shape for the coming summer. Please advise on locations and time, if possibly joining you guys, thanks.

I been trying to get this team together, but i think i will have better luck getting 1,000 chickens inside the farm LOL

All of you,

Please let me know when we can get a game going!!

Silvio

Lol,
Love ur analogy. Just meet up and play pick up games with whoevers there? Sbonilla75, u know any indoor locations  or just outdoor?

i just know of the outdoors locations... which you have to pay.. per hour

Outdoor pay per hour per person our group? What's the rate by chance? Night i hope cuz a little heat for daytime there no?

Follow this thread and you have some details in here from ongoing basketball clubs in HCMC

ispithotfire.com/2010/02/19/pickup-basketball-in-ho-chi-minh-city-saigon/

PHAN DINH PHUNG CLUB
8 Vo Van Tan, Q3, Tel: 3829 6312
Home to the majority of hotshot Asian teams including Filipinos,
South Koreans and Japanese. Mismo Ngayon,
one of six Filipino teams, play there every Sunday morning.

SAIGON EXPATS
kurtislaw[at]best.com.vn
A basketball night at Saigon South International School every
Thursday, open to anyone who wants to play or watch. Call Kurtis Law
on 01265 638 486 to secure an invitation.

BVP2008......

yeah. afternoon.. is to hot...
so something in the evening... would be nice...
just go out.. and play for fun.. ..

I'll be in district 1 starting monday april 14th. I don't mind, night games are better if lighted. Let me know  if you want to meet up and play as I'm not familiar with the city just yet. Or inbox me ur#.

Sounds good..  I'm up for a game... maybe we can do a pick up game.. with other teams or something.

Basketball Game.. Monday April 14

Please Let Me Know who can make it!! 

Time to do something~~~~~~ Let's Go~~~~~~~~

Hi there,

i will not join but i know some places for you to play as below. Most of them are free for some specific hours in a day but I'm not sure.  You can search around and it will be easier to search their name in Vietnamese so i gave some in Vietnamese

D1: Hoa Lư Stadium (free, at the corner of Đinh Tiên Hoàng-Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai), Youth culture House - Nha Van Hoa Thanh Nien (corner Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai-Phạm Ngọc Thạch), Cung Văn Hóa Lao Động (corner Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai - Trương Định, free)
D2: Trung tâm thể dục thể thao D2 (722 Kp2 W. Thảo Điền, D2, Str Nguyễn Đăng Giai)
D3: Phan Đình Phùng stadium (Str Võ Văn Tần, im not sure abt the address but it is opposite Small Theatre 5B at 5B Võ Văn Tần)
DBinh Thanh: Trung tâm văn hóa thể dục thể thao Bình Thạnh (corner Phan Đăng Lưu - Nơ Trang Long)

I'm in, time and place!

Thank you so much !!

WOW.. That is very nice of you ;)

Diority... Drink on me :)

sorry guy i've been really busy.
Today i go play in phu tho stadium in d10 there like 15 half basketball court. it's great place to play. contact me if you want, i'll be there around  6pm

Dist 10
well.. that sounds good...

How about Monday evening?  6pm or so?

Please give us. Directions.. how to get there.

I can't tomorrow but i go today. It's really easy to find search https://www.google.fr/maps/search/phu+t … ad773c112b

Phu Tho Stadium, it's a big place of basketball there is a LOT of people.
Text me if you are there around 6pm 09.36.22.75.28

Can't make it today ben...  anyway. i got your number...
maybe we can find another time to play.

Later

Is this thread still live?

Sesam wrote:

Is this thread still live?

Of course ;)
Do you have something to share with us about this topic?

Priscilla

Is anyone interested in playing basketball in the thao dien area? Otherwise D1 would also work? Any regular games set up?

Hi Sesam!
Welcome to HCMC.
I am looking for a basketball group where I can join and play basketball after work. I work on Thao Dien  D2. There is a basketball court on Thao Dien Str. If you don't mind playing basketball with girls. I would love to practice BKB after 4 every M-W-F. Hope to hear from you soon.