Hi Guys/Gals - A few idiotic questions ;)

Well firstly hi guys and thanks for this community, it's shown me quite a bit.

My story -
Visited Iceland with my secondary school and college as parts of educational trips, and put simply loved the country. It has such a laid back air to it compared with the hustle and bustle of cities in the UK, and even back then I thought it was a beautiful place to live.

I've always wanted to emigrate away from the UK, but had never been certain where I wanted to go, for a long time I had been thinking I'd do the stereotypical brit "thing" and head for aus, but after visiting, using the most twisted logic ever, I decided it was too hot for me (considering I have long lived by I would rather be cold than hot, because its easier to heat up than cool down) and thus my sites were set on Iceland.

So I'm now sat just having finished my second year of my computer science degree, looking at the next few years of my life, and realizing, if I want to emigrate straight out of uni I'm actually going to have to sit down and start considering just how exactly I'm going to do this.

I'm sitting on some savings, and knowing that I'm from the UK, getting into, and working into Iceland isn't going to be difficult, but savings don't last forever. Jobless, my savings will last me maybe 5 months tops.

So here comes my questions for you guys currently living out in Reykjavik, or Iceland in general, there is a few topics kicking around relating to pricing, but they also look a little outdated. So just how much am I looking at for a place in Reykjavik per month? Looking for a place within, say 30 minutes walk of the center, and have no qualms at all with sharing with people considering I'm sharing right now.

Bills, I'm presuming won't of changed that much from the 4-5,000 ISK quoted in one of the cost of living threads.

Groceries - How much would you reckon it costs a single person to eat "healthily" so no resorting to pasta every bloomin day ;)

Most other stuff, beer, meals out, etc I can live without so I don't really need to consider them... for now.]

Last but not least, Jobs.
Like I mentioned earlier I'm *hoping* to move fresh out of uni, so whats the job market like? I'll be holding a degree in Computer Science, with some work experience, albeit not in the computer field. Don't much care if I get straight into a computing oritentated job, or if I have to take an unskilled job while I hunt. But in your opinion how difficult would it be for me to enter the country and find myself a job OF ANY KIND?

So to sum up my questions for those who don't want to read my huge wall of text.

1) Price of a place to live, within 30minutes walk of downtown Reykjavik, sharing, or by myself, I honestly don't care.

2) How much is it costing you per month to live groceries wise?

3) Bills? Still costing around 5k ISK a month?

4) How difficult is it going to be for me to find either an unskilled job, or a job in the computing industry?

Thanks in advance guys, and sorry for the life story and wall of text ;)

1) a quick search on leiga.is (one of the rental sites) shows rooms going for about 55-65isk per month with utilities included.

2) there is info on this I posted not so long ago in a thread here about living costs.

3) I haven't paid phone/internet/heat/hotwater/electricity bills in a while so I can't say.

4) unskilled in summer: probably not so hard. Unskilled in winter: much harder. Computing is generally easier to find jobs in IME but it relies heavily on personal contacts. I work for an IT company and we haven't hired anyone through the usual ad-on-a-website kinda method. It's always been someone who knows someone who knows someone. That's pretty much how Icelandic jobs are best found.

55-65? o.O I'm used to everything related to rent being in thousands, what am I missing here?:P
Presuming you mean 55k - 65k :P since i've now been looking at that website, great links, thanks for that.