Overstaying Visa or Residence

I was wondering how many people find themselves in this situation either by accident or design. How many end up in prisons? How many governments check on the people? If they have enough money, who is to know?

hi there, which country are you talking about ?

Indonesia is 200k a day if you overstay, the longer you stay the more risk of a trip to prison or someone taking all your cash before you can leave. If you are late leaving prepare to pay.

Hi Julien,
I was not thinking about any specific country.Am in China and still ok for the next 15 months.Then another 800 RMB.Have any idea of how many illegals where you find yourself now?

In the USA it seems to be easy to overstay. Many who are now "undocumented" do just that.

I (unintentionally) overstayed here in Puerto Rico when I first came to live here. For several reasons I filed my application for the green card about a month after my 90 days Visa waiver stay expired. Nobody ever even mentioned it and my application was approved. :)

If you overstay it will be noticed when you leave, of course, and you may be prohibited entry the next time you visit the USA.

From Where.

Please clarify "From Where"

Don't mind him.  He's just randomly posting round the forum for some reason.

Meet expats all over the world

OR