What to expect

Hi all

Looks like we might be coming to Tripoli this summer.My husband is talking to a company and they have make an offer. My main concern is about security, school and house. Been on the internet about security and been finding mixed views.
1.I know there are quite a few expat men in Tripoli, Will you be happy to bring your wife and kids to Tripoli or not.

2. Does anyone know if British or Gems school will be opened this summer. I know that American school will not be opened yet.

3. Safe place to stay. Would rather stay in a compound. Can anyone recommend one, and what are the prices.

Many thanks.

Hi there

are you in Tripoli or bombay ?

I'm in Bombay enquiring about Tripoli. Any info.....

Hi,

- Security is passable as long as a few basic precautions are taken. The utmost problem might boredom as there is very little to do here in Tripoli

- The website of the American School says it will be reopened in August 2013

- Best compounds are Palm City, Regatta and Oea Camp. The latter two are in the process of being reopened. You will have to contact them for prices

Thanks a lot for your reply. Last time I checked American school website it was not active. Will get in touch with them. Do you know if Regetta or Oea compound has a website. Thanks

oeavillage.com/

Thank you for the website. Will contact them.

grivotrjs wrote:

oeavillage.com/

Hi been trying to contact oea village via email and phone, no luck. Could you kindly let me know if possible the price range for this place. Ideally a 3 bedroom villa.

Many thanks

Hi all,
if there any family  or personas looking for private compound as many houses with swimming pool
please send me message
  Thanks
   yaklef

Hi - is it necessary for westerners to live in a compound?

Thanks

Hi LeighBrown_13
No it's not necessary for expats to live in compound. they can living at any accommodation they like it.
      Thanks
      yaklef