Living cost in nz per month?

I am planning to study in nz..took course...how much do u think i should provide for living cost in nz per month? Overall living cost, includes: accommodation, meals, transport, etc?

Regards,
Irma

Hi Irma,

welcome to Expat.com!

I have created a new topic as from your post on the New Zealand forum.

I invite you to check out other threads on cost of living in New Zealand.

Thank you,
Christine

irma-y

Try this website for info. numbeo.com

Hi there, very good choice to study. But living costs depend on where you are going to live, i would say. and also depends on what level you want to live. there are always ways to make the things cheaper in NZ. products are sometimes on special in supermarkets, or some free services, or second hand things if you are here only for some time. Hard to say it exactly without knowing which city you'r going to be. Also, for accommodation (flatmating) you search on trademe.co.nz . hope it will help you somehow. good luck :)

thanks all for the response...about where I would stay, I think i would choose a city where the living cost not really expensive. Also, if it possible, I hope I could do some part time during my course there. Coz I am planning, if I have enough money would consider to take my master also. So I really need to save money a lot. and perhaps can make some earning while I was there. Hope so

Thanks once again for the response

I had an email from an American living in New Zealand responding to a post I made regarding living in Nevada USA. She wanted me to contact you to tell you that your chances of finding job there are
not so good and the New Zealanders are not so welcoming to outsiders, specially to people from  Middle East. Any way, I don't know your situation and I am not going to tell people what to do unless someone ask for my advice and guidance.
Here is a little info about me, my name is Kurosh and I have been living in USA since my teen years. I am an artist and it has not been easy to get to the point I am but I am doing fine for what I do and with hard work I can see anyone to make it in USA, for New Zealand, I just don't know.
I wish you luck and if you have any questions that I might be able to help you then just respond to my email.
Good luck and you take care.
Kurosh

HI, Kurosh. I don't know where your friend lived and why he thinkls so abt new zealaders :). but i have been living here (in Southland, South Island of NZ) more than 3 years, have never had any probs. On the contrary, local people have been very welcoming and supportive to us, we r also from middle east, husband working on the dairy, and have got 1 child, and 1 on the way;-) Anyway, i just wanted to tell that it might depend what part, or which people was like that, but we always saw good attitude, support towards us.
As to working while studying, you will have the right to work up to 20 hours a week, if i'm not mistaken. check this website: can be very useful for you:

nzstudywork.immigration.govt.nz/work-rules-for-students/staying-to-work-after-study/

ONe more thing: do you have any idea what you want to study here? then might give you some idea where you can find cheaper options to study and work and live :)

try these sites: nzstudywork.immigration.govt.nz

studentrent.co.nz

nurdan356 wrote:

try these sites: nzstudywork.immigration.govt.nz

studentrent.co.nz

Thanks nurdan356 and kuroshi
Really appreciate it
And I am sorry for your friend experience kuroshi. I hope its not happen in me.
Btw, I am planning to take English course first for a few months to improve my IELTS than after that take my master of management

I was helping my friend to find eng course here. here is one of the options:

sit.ac.nz/courses/english_language_institute

Also, u can find au pair jobs while studing and usually u can find the families that they provide your food, accomodation and some weekly expenses and u will look after their kids. that might me another option for you. try to search it on google. also, try these sites:

campbell.ac.nz/Demi-Au-Pair/demi-au-pair-programme.html

aupairlink.co.nz/content/au-pairs/our-programmes/visa-requirements.aspx

just try to get more info from different websites as much as possible, and write to them, u will get your reply very soon, i beleive. don't hesitate to contact the administrators or someone who deals with it. u can find your answer to your any little concern . hope that will help you. good luck. let me know if you need more info :)

hi i have done bachelor in public health and planning to do master in public health in new zealand.I am from nepal , how much does it cost to study there?Is it easy to find work or not ?

HI Subeen, health sectir is one of the sectors that NZ needs professionals, i mean people who studied on this. So there is a big demand for these employees. But for studying  you can check this website: otago.ac.nz/search/index.html?output=xml_no_dtd&client=otago&site=OtagoCorporate&numgm=5&q=public+health&btnG=
As you are not citizen or resident in NZ, you will need to pay fees as an international fees which is quite high, i think. But just to have exact idea about it, there is INTERNATIONAL field on the left hand side of the above site. From there you can find APPLYING AND FEES. hope that will answer your questions,
Good luck :)

Hi ,

I am planning to move to Auckland,NZ this june to join for PG course from Unitec. I am coming with my husband and our baby girl(1.5 years old). I will be going for studies and my husband is coming under family stream work visa. He will be looking for a job. My daughter has to be sent to a day care until we come back home. How much does it cost there? How much will be our monthly cost of living approximately? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Eliza

Rents in Auckland are very very expensive. 
For cost of living and other information www.numbeo.com   

For work www.seek.co.nz

You need to do an internet search for cost of daycare but I know that it is also expensive.