Finding work in Amman: How did you do it?

Do you all have advice on where to start looking for employment? I am not yet in Amman and have found it difficult to find leads over the internet.

I am looking for work as an English instructor beginning in late August or early September. I have over a decade of experience mainly in college-level academic writing, but I have also taught grammar and reading courses to lower level students. I have additionally taught beginning college French. I am currently working on a second master's degree, my mother tongue is English, and I am fluent in French. I speak only basic Arabic but have motivation to work toward fluency.

I would also consider, and am quite interested, in editing work. I have edited theses and dissertations for Arabic-speakers before, and I have a keen attention to detail and strong grammar.

Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

Hello eatprayrun.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, do not hesitate to post an advert in the Jobs in Amman section. It could be useful.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello,

Welcome to Amman :) well to start off, the best places would be language centres. The French Cultural Centre in Abdali close to Paris Circle is a good start, then work about other centres that focus on GCSE's, IB or LSAT. the British Councle would be a great start as they do English camps in the Summer.

I think the best thing is either use google for a list of language centres, or check out the yellow pages and try to look up the centres. Another option is to teach at universities.

Hope this helps if you're still looking.
Good luck!

Sarah

Hello,

Post your Resume on Bayt.com and Akhtaboot,com,
Good luck with your job search!

Regards,
Owais