Can I sponsor a Driver?

Hi,

with this new drive of Saudization going on I was a bit concerned about an issue with my driver.

I have hired a private driver who is not under my sponsorship yet he drives myself and my family around the city in my care whenever need be.

Now since he is not under my sponsorship, I have heard that it is still illegal on his as well as my part to hire him.

So my question is that since I am an expat, is it allowed to sponsor a driver on my name or whatever way it works. How can an expat have his own driver?

agent47 wrote:

Hi,

with this new drive of Saudization going on I was a bit concerned about an issue with my driver.

I have hired a private driver who is not under my sponsorship yet he drives myself and my family around the city in my care whenever need be.

Now since he is not under my sponsorship, I have heard that it is still illegal on his as well as my part to hire him.

So my question is that since I am an expat, is it allowed to sponsor a driver on my name or whatever way it works. How can an expat have his own driver?

What you have is illegal, you cannot employ some one who is not under your sponsorship now. If caught the driver will be deported.

Based on your profession, you can apply for maid / driver visas. Chances of getting them are very slim for expats for drivers, but still worth a try. You need to apply via MOFA through your company.

Hey HRGuru,

Thanks for reminding me on my law violation. I agree.

Would you have any details with regards to this procedure as I cant seem to find anything on the MOFA website?

agent47 wrote:

Hey HRGuru,

Thanks for reminding me on my law violation. I agree.

Would you have any details with regards to this procedure as I cant seem to find anything on the MOFA website?

As expected it wont be there in MOFA site or any where. What you need to do is check with your company GR / PR / Mandoob to issue a work visa for you for driver to be under your sponsorship. Based on your profession they will tell if its possible or not and what documents will be needed for that. The application process will be through MOFA site.

Alright, Thanks.

agent47 wrote:

Alright, Thanks.

Any time dear.