Cost of living in Chicago

Hi everybody, my name is Sebastian and I am probably moving to Chicago, Illinois soon, I checked out the thread "Cost of living in the US" and could find anything relative to Chicago nor Illinois.

Anyone from Chicago ?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I live in Chicago and life is ok, depends where you live of course (pretty expensive downtown) but really nice and cheap paces all over the city as well.
When are you moving?

Hey,
You can find rents starting from 550 and up for studios in a safe neighborhood. As for the one bedroom apartments - from 650 and up. If you want nice and furnished one, prepare to pay more bucks. Stay away from Southside of Chicago, you wouldn't like living there.

Living in Chicago is so expensive ! Especially if you have a car. But if you live in the city and work also in the city you don't really need one.
Everything is cheaper than in Europe but for some reasons we buy more so at the end we spend more !

SebasO wrote:

Hi everybody, my name is Sebastian and I am probably moving to Chicago, Illinois soon, I checked out the thread "Cost of living in the US" and could find anything relative to Chicago nor Illinois.

Anyone from Chicago ?

Thanks in advance.

Here is one link , sure it will lead you to more search options but at least you can start from here:http://www.costoflivingbystate.org/cost-of-living-chicago.html

Good luck and all the best!

rent should be usd 400-800 depending on what you look for electricity shall be usd 30-40 . water shall be around usd 10 cable/internet charges shall be arnd 50 usd