Flight tip to save money and carry extra baggage

If you plan on flying to Belize from a city that is outside of the hubs, IE; having to make connections at Houston, Miami or Atlanta, you can carry a lot of luggage (4 bags per person) and not have to pay for extra bags or overweight bags.

"How", you ask? Simply book the flight as 1st class. You see, the flight from the hubs to Belize does not have a 1st class section, so you are only paying for the first leg of your journey. This generally will cost between $50.00 to $75.00 extra, but you can avoid the extra fees for the luggage.

When we came down here we flew from Orlando. We were quite prepared to pay an extra $200.00 per person ($400.00 total) for our extra and slightly overweight, bags. The Skycap told us that for an extra 75 bucks, we could change to 1st class and the bags would be free. That was a good deal and it worked fine.

Check it out to see if it will work for you.

Wow, very nice indeed.  Thanks so much for sharing that valuable cost saving tip....I appreciate any advise that is going to make my relocation go more smoothly, and save me money and time.