Sending packages to Paraguay via DHL or FEDEX

I was wondering if anyone has experience with receiving small packages in Asuncion from overseas, ie USA and UK, when they have been sent via FEDEX or DHL.  Is it safe, or will it magically disappear when going through customs?  What about the length of time it takes to arrive?
I have a physical address with an actual street number and name, which I know is not always the case in Paraguay.
Thanks in advance.

I used DHL - good service and safe

There are services in Paraguay, such as ParaguayBox, AsuncionBox Express, Google them, and some others that are cheaper alternative to DHL. They will give you their US, usually Miami address, you buy and ship stuff there, they will ship it to Asuncion and you pick it up in their office. One company is in the center, I think on Estrella, they charge $27 annually, and about $18 per small shipment with FOB less than $100. I used these type of services in Ecuador and find them very reliable and economic.

We use FedEx all the time from US to ASU.  Cost is around $70 for a flat envelope for documents and around $100 for small box.  You can track delivery all the way from pick up to delivery on line with delivery times averaging around 5 days.