Life costs

Hi all,

After my marriage here in Poland I wanna go work.
I got already alot of job offers what I can take and my questions is going out to the salary.

I can earn 4.000 netto, is this enough to life normal in Krakow/Warsaw or Katowice? Alot people say it's not enough to life normal. My plan is to rent a small flat for me and my girlfriend and she will try to find a job here. We will not spend more then 500 zł per month for grocery + mobile phone bill.

Can anybody tell me what I can expect?

Hello Kwinsie.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Aurélie

Hello,

I think it can not be enought. Aparment rent costs 1500 - 2500 depens of sqm and location, but I dont think less.

Hi, depending your needs - students can live for 1500 zlotys per month but to live normal life with some going out you need to make 3000 net per person in my opinion. Beer in the popular pub will cost 8-10 zlotys so you will need at least 100 zlotys to go out with your wife. Plus if you would like to make a one week vacation abroad from time to time it will usually cost you 4000 zlotys per couple.

to sum up you will not starve, but you would live a rather spartan life.

cheers
Tomasz

I work as a teacher in the country and get around 4K but it is not enough. You need at least 6-8 K in Warsaw.

Hi All, I'm really surprised to hear that. I don't know what you call "normal life", but in my opinion 4000 for 2 people is more than enough for begining. Of course don't hope for much savings, but as you mentioned your girlfriend is going to search for the job.
I'm staying in Krakow and life here is not that much expensive as in Warsaw, and i guess in Katowice even cheaper.
In 1500 you may get small flat in good location, and if you don't need to be near to city center, then even cheaper.
So.. good luck :)

I agree with previous post, living in Kraków is not so expensive like in Warsaw.
Studio flat in city center costs around 1600 PLN included all bills, so not bad :)