Job opportunities in my field

I am very interesting to get a job in Iceland in water treatment plant or steam boiler or power plant as a operator and service technician.I have more than 30 years experience in relevant field in many middle east countries and an African country under the united nations volunteer program.I like to get some information regarding this.

Shelton: I think you might find that like my previous comment, Iceland's not stacked with jobs in this field. It's partly because of the size, and partly because of Iceland's fantastic natural resources.

1) water in the Reykjavik area is handled by Orkuveita Reykjavikur. As they say here, there is no treatment necessary, thanks to the high quality and quantity of the Icelandic natural springs. http://www.or.is/English/EnergyandEnvir … aterworks/

2) steam boiler: Iceland has a lot of steam heat but it's all geothermally produced. the "steam plant" is the earth, and the technology to bring it to the homes is a lot of boreholes and a very long pipe.

3) power plants: Almost all of Iceland's power is generated by hydro with a few exceptions. Again, Orkuveita Reykjavikur is a good source of info as one of the biggest power producers. http://www.or.is/English/EnergyandEnvir … ydropower/

Is there any opportunity for swage treatment plant operators and technicians?

I would doubt it but the same company (Orkuveita Reykjavíkur) provides sewage services in the Reykjavík area as well. Might as well take contact with them directly since they're operating all the services you're interested in.

There are smaller towns of course but my guess is that they would be harder to get a job with since their volume is smaller. The population density here is extreemely low, to an extent that is hard to understand if you haven't visited. It means that the scale of local services is far smaller than most countries.

I really thanks for your kind response.gbu.

I am very interesting to live in a country like Iceland.Because I think it is very peaceful,clean and silent.