Find a job in Iceland

Hi,

You are an expat living in Iceland? Please share your experience!

What is the best way to find a job in Iceland?

The Internet? Please tell us which are the most useful / effective websites for job seekers in Iceland.

Recruitment agencies? Have you got their contact?

Newspapers? Which ones?

organizations?

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hey am a ugandan who is desirous to work in iceland but i have no one there what can i do? please if if their is anyone who can come to my rescue i will be glad Thax. Ronnie. +256759631501,Email. [email protected].

what kind of skills can you offer an employer? Why are you interested in relocating to Iceland?

Coming from Uganda you are not at an advantage in the Icelandic job market, since priority is given to citizens of EEA countries over anyone else. Plus, the Icelandic job market is not in the greatest shape at the moment.

In general, finding a job in Iceland goes much better if you're in the country and have made some personal contact with people there. It's a small country so connections matter a lot.

Hey all.
I'd be interested in this topic too, especially the recruitment agencies bit.  Are there any companies or groups helping people find jobs? 
On a different thread, does anyone know what the situation is for Radiographers; is there much work in Iceland for them?  Other than the major hospital, Landspitali, in Reykjavik, are there other hospitals or diagnostic imaging clinics around?

I know of some companies that help with jobsearch but they're generally specified according to field. I don't know of any that deal specifically with hospital staff.

Other than the main hospital in Reykjavík, there are lots of small neighborhood clinics, although I don't think there are a lot of diagnostic imaging components to them. If you need anything complicated done you're usually sent to LSH in my experience. You can at least check out the list here:

http://www.heilsugaeslan.is/pages/14

also, there is a decently sized hospital in Akureyri:

http://fsa.is/

The clinic Nr1 in Reykjavik for a radiographer is Domus medica: http://www.domusmedica.is/
I have been sent there every time i needed an X-Ray or an M.R.I.
Good luck!

hi,
i am intrested to job in iceland as a Radiographer.
any one help me about its process and condition.

Hi  kishor raju,

Welcome to expat-blog!

May be an introduction and more details may help to guide you.

Thank you,

David.

kishor raju wrote:

hi,
i am intrested to job in iceland as a Radiographer.
any one help me about its process and condition.

Iceland is very small and doesn't tend to recruit for many positions internationally so it is generally easiest to take contact directly with institutions that might hire a radiographer. Some are listed earlier in the thread.

Once you have secured a job, you have to fill out the paperwork for a visa. That is explained on the immigration site utl.is.

Dear ECS,

Thanks for your nice replies, I am too much interested to live and work in Iceland but as you said above that preference is given to EEA/EU nationals. Why there is much desrimination betweeen EU/EEA nationals and non-EU i.e. Asian nationals??? I think that since we love to move in Europe thus we should also be treated and consider equally.

owais.truefriend wrote:

Dear ECS,

Thanks for your nice replies, I am too much interested to live and work in Iceland but as you said above that preference is given to EEA/EU nationals. Why there is much desrimination betweeen EU/EEA nationals and non-EU i.e. Asian nationals??? I think that since we love to move in Europe thus we should also be treated and consider equally.

the EU/EEA have agreed on a free movement scheme that is supposed to allow for free movement between the countries. There's no such reciprocity with Asian countries.

I've gone through the paperwork myself as a non-EEA citizen and I don't think it's inappropriate to require it. A country should be first and foremost serving the interest of its own citizens, and honoring any treaties or agreements it is part of. If there's a need for more people, that's what visas are for. People who have a job that pays a liveable income for the country don't usually have a hard time getting a visa. During my time in Iceland I met people from all over the world- Africa, Asia, South America, North America. All of those people had to do the paperwork and they all succeeded.

Hi guys; i am an italian radiographer, i am really interested to move in iceland for will work as radiographer; well.. I am waiting for the licence; could you say me how can i find a vacancy in hospital or private clinic?" web link, job agency or other? And do you know if the radiographer can make the ecography?
Thanks so much for you help!!! :top:

Hello everyone,
I study agriculture, agronomy, and environmental management in France in a agricultural engineer school.
I come here to have some informations about the environmental sector or agricultural sector in Iceland. What I am especially looking for is enterprises, associations, laboratories (publics or privates) that could potentialy offer a 6 months internship.
Thank you guys for considering my request!  :D

hi im grom india and would want to work and settle in iceland please can some help me anf guide for the same

Hi evryone. I come from vietnam would like to work in Iceland. it would be great if anyone can offer me any job. many thanks.