Padded bicycle seats or cycling shorts?

Hey guys,

I broke my bike in with a 30-mile trek to Sa Dec earlier today, through the country roads too.  Everything was good, except for the behinds.  I thought about a padded seat or shorts, when I bought the bike.  But, I figured that I could tough it out.

Man, was I wrong...  Do any of you know where they sell them things here? 

Thanks,
Howie

On  Le  Thanh Ton near the New World Hotel for seats.

What I did was to take my bicycle seat to a motorcycle custom seat guy and he made mine nice and soft.

Padded pants, on you, would look very strange to other drivers.

Wild_1 a few blocks from the Co-op store there's a furniture upholstery shop that should be able to do it. I had some custom made cushions made for our dining room chairs done there. They did a great job.

When Jaitch mentioned custom seat, that was the first place I thought of.  But, I am still a little hesitant because the last thing I want my bike to have is a motorcycle-looking seat, or one that looks like those in Budman's dining room...

Wild_1 I wonder about you some times. Anyway jokes aside, I think what they would do is strip the seat down to the frame than put softer material on it and wrap it tight in leather and staple it. The other options would be for you to take a pillow off your bed put it on the seat and tie it up with a big rope, than go tooling around Can Tho. Come to think of it, that might be more your style anyway.

Budman,

I know you.  You really want my bike to end up looking like this, don't you???  :dumbom:
http://www.mybuzzer.com/photos/bicycle-saddle.jpg
No thank you, sir.  Tell your friend, Anatta, to put that on his hot pink bike. :top:

Meanwhile, I have gotten to figure something out.  The trek back to Can Tho was worst...

Wild_1,

I know this might sound like a joke but how about trying a hemorroid cushion first to see if a different seat would even make a difference. Most people wouldn't even see it while you are riding.

Howie,
Seriously, you've just got to allow time for your back side to toughen up a bit. If you haven't ridden a bike in quite sometime, (or maybe a very long time) your arse will be very sore for several days. Keep riding and push through the pain. After 4-5 rides, you'll begin to notice it doesn't hurt as much. If you continue riding regularly, it won't hurt at all. I recommend you go to a good bicycle shop and buy some padded shorts. They must be a tight fit, or they will move around on your skin and cause chafing. Do this, and you'll be OK within a week or so. Just keep riding. If you stop, you'll have to repeat the process of pain all over again.

Saigonmonkey,

Thanks for the tip.  I will try to tough it out. 

But man, I looked at the cycling shorts, when I was home:  Didn't like the tights because they looked kind of fruity; and was not fond of the baggy ones because of their sewing quality.  So now, I have a burning ass. 

Anyhow, it was fun riding through the rice patties of the Mekong Delta.  So far, my scorecard reads, Howie 01 Chicken 00.  :top:  I would be very careful crossing the street now, if I were you, Anatta.  :idontagree:

Wild_1 wrote:

Didn't like the tights because they looked kind of fruity;

Yeah yeah... everyone who gets into cycling thinks that at first - so did I. But EVERYONE who's serious about it wears them, so don't worry about it. So Anatta or Budman may give you a little grief - so what? You can handle that better than the pain you have right now, can't you?

"A little grief"???  Knowing those two, especically that loud-mouth Anatta, they will laugh me back to California.  :dumbom:

Let me do a little personal analysis...  But, do they sell such shorts here, or do I my friend to get it for me?

I know a couple places that probably sell them. I'll check and get back to you.

ok, ok
It is all my fault. Jesus Christ, please forgive me for I have sinned!!!

I have not tried to kick his ass as hard as I could, since I have had so much mercy!!! I thought it was enough to harden his ass against rough treatment. See what happened!!! I have spoiled him rotten :sosad:

If you still insist on getting your diapers, here one place to get it:
CHỊ LIỄU bike shop, 218 Đỗ Ngọc Thạch D 5

They sell bike pant with silicon pad for 350KVND. Sorry, Chinese made only.

Wild_1 on the same side of the street where the old city-mart is, down about 6 blocks is a "Adidas" shop. I just bought some shoes there a few weeks ago. I think they have a full line of athletic wear.

Anatta, were way to nice too him....

Budman
Totally agree.

Howie,
may be you'll understand when you grow up, but we are doing this tough love thing for your best interest.

Anatta,

Come stand in front of my Country Cruiser and I will show you tough love.  Remember...

Howie 01 Chicken 00

Death came swift, Amigo.  :idontagree:

Wild_1 wrote:

Howie 01 Chicken 00

Man
What's wrong with you man? Boasting about animal cruelty!!!
Remind me of this

http://sohoa.vnexpress.net/video/video/ … 19342.html

I was just being grateful that such vulgar sports don't exist here. I should have known better! :nothappy:.

Wild_1 you really got to watch it now. Not only do I have the tollboothgods on my side, there also a group that sounds like "cnn" in Vietnamese that are very helpfull.....

Wait!!!  Is that what Anatta look like now(on the avatar)???  :blink:

Budman, I hope you are proud of yourself.  Look what you did to Anatta with your Avatar Race?  :rolleyes:

Anatta, or what ever the hell it is you are calling yourself now, you are not planning on coming to watch the game with me and Saigonmonkey looking like that, are you?  :dumbom:

She is the main contact of Anatta's fan club and my personal assistance, so from now on, if you want to talk to your Highness, the Princess will take your message.

If you want to join the Anatta's fan club, join the line.

Sure Anatta.  It is called Anattadom, and the membership is you, right?

Oh Princess Anatta,

Which hole in the ground did you craw under?  I hope it is treating you as good as we are being treated here, to Tet, and goat curry...

Dude

Life is treating me very well. I can at least walk around with my phone and Kindle without having to worry someone snatching them, breath air knowing it is fresh, eat food knowing I am not going to get sick from it, drive knowing that no car or motorbike is going to turn up from nowhere in the wrong direction, buy things knowing I am not going to get ripped off.

Alas, my cappuccino sets me back nearly 10 dollars/cup, gas is 2.6 dollars/liter so I guess nothing is free.