Repat from SF

Hey everyone, how are you?

I'm Shailesh and I've moved to Bangalore a couple of weeks back after living in the States for the last eleven years. I'm more of a repatriate than an expatriate, don't you think?

The hardest part so far is that I can't pass as a local. Damn frustrating. Anyway, would love to hear more about other people's stories about moving to Bangalore.

Cheers,
S

Welcome to Expat.com Shailesh!;)

Harmonie.

Hi Shailesh,
  Welcome (back) to Bangalore :) I bet it must have been a different experience in the last 11 years.

- Cheers,
  Karthik

Hey Karthik! Thanks for the welcome.

Yup things are quite different, I'm going through just a little reverse culture shock. My roots are in Delhi so it's fun figuring out a new city -- Bangalore is quite different from where I grew up.

I noticed you're learning Portuguese, are you taking classes somewhere in Bangalore? I'm quite interested in the language, would appreciate any suggestions on how to go about learning.

Cheers,
S

I picked up some Portuguese from a couple of Brazilian friends when I was in UK. Didn't take any formal classes though. I am currently learning German (again, no classes)at my own snail's pace. I do plan to continue to learn German till I have at least intermediate proficiency. And then probably switch back to Portuguese and a bit of Spanish :)

I don't know of any Portuguese classes in Bangalore, but I bet there will be in some area. You just need to search it out.

I can not tell you much about Bangalore since I was there only once--for about a week--a few years ago.
However, I hope that you will tell me about San Francisco.