Travelling to belize

Hi ,i will be coming to Belize for 3 months next winter.Im inquiring about cost of living,vaccines should i take before leaving Canada,  crime rate and also im a type 2 diabetic and insulin dependent.Any information i would receive would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome to Expat.com CindyZ !

Your post has been moved to the Belize forum fore better visibility.
Good luck in your inquiries.

Regards
Armand

Willing to be in Prague, Vienna and Zurich in mid May. Looking for local friends just to know your country and people. Interested people may write to: [email protected].

cost of living will really depend on where you decide to stay in Belize..
you dont need shots to come to Belize but with your current health issues.. best to check with your doctor before leaving. Bring all you meds with you.. alot here are expired. what are you looking for and where in the country do you want to be? Weare in Corozal and love it here and weare close to MX if there are any real issues.

Thank you for your reply.I will be staying in Hopkins and was wondering about the crime rate.How much more is the cost of living during the peak season from mid December to mid January.We have been in contact with all seasons guest house in Hopkins and they said it would cost 1200 American dollars to rent a kitchenette per month. I was wondering if this is reasonable.Thanks for a response!!!

that seem high for a monthly rental...i would try other places.
Hopkins is a great area .. you should have to worry too much about crime, just be aware all the time, just like at home. Stay out of Belize city if you can!
try Windschief Cabanas