Are Belize women interested in older men?

I just turned 71 and have been divorced 5 years, but have failed dismally to find a compatible American girlfriend (I'm British with dual citizenship).  I have a decent retirement income, but not enough to provide for a consumer-oriented younger woman in the US. I speak a little French and German, but no Spanish, so I thought Belize might be a good destination to find someone I can look after.

i'd prefer a coastal location over inland because I'm a bit of a sun worshipper. I'm about to sell my home in Phoenix so could spend an extended period immersing myself before deciding if Belize is right.

Any recommendation for a good destination?

I'm 78 and live in San Ignacio, Cayo District

The women here generally prefer older foreigners to Belizean men because they treat them better, take them to restaurants, etc. and take them on holidays.

@John Acott Thanks John - appreciate the quick response.

Good to know, since I am also retired and your age Spending a month in Belize San Ignacio month of April to try on for a fit as it were

Then to Viet Nam--I know from several friends Vietnamese women absolutely prefer

older Americaners and not because they are gold mining. LOL

Cheers

Welcome! There is a popular dating app in Belize called " VIEJO".

Perfect for your situation.

Good luck!

/S

@lozkimble The Belizean women here will use you just for your money and what you can give them all the while maintaining Belizean boyfriends while using you. If anyone says differently,  they are just lying to you

@jazzbo001 Just go straight to Viet Nam, because all the Belizean women will do is use you for your money while maintaining Belizean boyfriends. 

From my observation of friends that have tried that here, the previous remarks have a high probability of being accurate.

Or after she moves in, you find slowly you are supporting her extended family.