Driving licience

When first browsing site an artical on drivine licence was seen.Can I get an HR liceince with my UK one

hi i would like to know about the driving licience in zagreb? how can i get it and wht will be the all procedure?

Hello, ZGB432

Well, your procedure is quite simple.
You need to go to appropriate police station. Since you're in Zagreb, from what I can see, you need to go to Heinzelova 98, room 39.

I will sum it up for you:
You can get HR driving license without any problems. You need:
1.) UK driving license
2.) one photo 30x35 mm
3.) 35,00 kn administrative tax stamps (you can buy at newsstand inside Heinzlova police station)
4.) proof that you paid 151,00 kn (200,00 for urgent procedure, finished in 2 days) for driving license issuing costs, use IBAN for state budget:  HR1210010051863000160, model HR65, call to number (poziv na broj) 7005-477-OIB (where OIB is your OIB (you can also buy bank transfer order already filled in with all the data at same news stand in Heinzlova PS and pay at post office inside PS).
5.) proof of identity and some document that proves you've got you're residence is in Croatia or that you've been here for at least 6 months.

If there is no date of issuing on UK license, you will also need some proof when it was issued.

That's about it.

Just take some money, go to newsstand in Heinzlova, tell them what do you want, you will get paperwork, you fill it in, pay at post office, take that to room 39 and you're done.
You can pick your license in 2 days if you go with urgent procedure or withing 30 days if you with regular (you get temporary certificate valid for 30 days you will use to drive in the meantime).

I hope this helps.

Oh, I'm pretty sure you will actually have to deposit UK driving license with them since you can have only one valid license.

thanks for advice
but i would like to know the procedure about indian citizen(temporary  residency holder) is this the same?
and wht about driving test ?

You will need same as for EU citizens I wrote below and:
1.) 70 kunas (instead of 35) administrative tax stamp
2.) medical check, not older than 6 months

3.) you will need translation of your driving license if it is impossible to distinguish vehicle categories it is valid for and date of expiry. I guess your license is in English so you don't need this. 

You don't need to take driving exam.

Medical exam costs from min. 187,00 kn to max. 437,50 kn (for first time drivers). I don't know how they treat non EU drivers, as "first time drivers" or whatever..

You can do medical check at some of these places:

DOM ZDRAVLJA CENTAR, Zagreb, Runjaninova 4, tel. 48 97 666
DOM ZDRAVLJA MUP-a RH, Zagreb, Šarengradska 3, tel. 48 01 444
DOM ZDRAVLJA TRNJE, Zagreb, Kruge 44, tel. 60 62 444
DOM ZDRAVLJA ŽELJEZNIČARA, Zagreb, G. Ninskog 3, tel. 37 83 219
DOM ZDRAVLJA SIGET, Av. V. Holjevca 22, tel. 65 98 466

My advice is, just go there with all the paperwork and WITHOUT taking medical exam. Maybe they will make mistake and you get HR license without taking (and paying) medical check.

This is phone number of room 39 in Heinzlova PS (for foreigners): 01/6333 364.

Yes, if it is anything like in Hungary they will take your UK licence off you but you can swap back to the UK one if you are going back to live in UK (assuming it has not expired in the meantime). I had to get a new licence when my 10 year photo card UK licence expired.

thanks eugqua ;)

No problem.
:-)

*temporary

@ nash13: Can you please elaborate your post for a better understanding?