Who takes any credits at Vietcombank?

Who takes any credits at Vietcombank? Is it possible to get for foreigner. Who lives and works in Vietnam
Which documents are required ?

Hello ceccristobal.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Hi , if you foreigner want to do credits from Vietnamese bank could contact me at [email protected]

@archvn -> Why don't you share the informations directly on the forum? I am sure it can be useful to other members as well. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi ceccristobal.

I think Vietcombank has a customer service line, you should just call and ask for the information you need

I found out these requirements in the website of Vietcombank:

Person who wants to have a credit card issuing by Vietcombank must complete the dossier include:

✓       Request for insuing credit card (You must fill the form the bank give you)

✓       A copy of your passport (You must bring the original for comparison )

✓      A copy of your Visa showing the time you are allowed to stay in Vietnam  (You must bring the original for comparison )

✓      The proof of financial capacity:

•            Issuing card on the basic of trust :

o      Labor contract or other documents show your income

o        Commitment (guarantee) of your company or stuff like that   (the bank will give you the form)

•           Issuing card on the basic of collateral assets:

o         Collateralcontract

o      collateral assets: cash, saving account, blocked curent account, valuable papers, etc...

Nhi wrote:

Hi ceccristobal.

I think Vietcombank has a customer service line, you should just call and ask for the information you need

I found out these requirements in the website of Vietcombank:

Person who wants to have a credit card issuing by Vietcombank must complete the dossier include:

✓       Request for insuing credit card (You must fill the form the bank give you)

✓       A copy of your passport (You must bring the original for comparison )

✓      A copy of your Visa showing the time you are allowed to stay in Vietnam  (You must bring the original for comparison )

✓      The proof of financial capacity:

•            Issuing card on the basic of trust :

o      Labor contract or other documents show your income

o        Commitment (guarantee) of your company or stuff like that   (the bank will give you the form)

•           Issuing card on the basic of collateral assets:

o         Collateralcontract

o      collateral assets: cash, saving account, blocked curent account, valuable papers, etc...

Thansk
can you give me a link? as there is not english version for now.

as i am in Malasia now. and i caanot call .i am collecting my documets.

acctually, the site is in Vietnamese, I translated as the above

I work for a Vietnamese bank, so I can tell you that all documents required by Vietnamese banks are quite similar. The most important thing you have to prepare is proof of financial capacity. If you work for a company in Vietnam, it will easy to get a credit card if you get a guarantee from your company.

I think the procedure is not too complicated and the documents I mentioned above are quite enough

Thanks a lot for information.
what is ussual rate of credit. For example if i take in cash for my personal expenes 15% for year.and how much % if i want to buy house
THansk

Aurélie wrote:

Why don't you share the informations directly on the forum? I am sure it can be useful to other members as well. Aurélie

VNese are agents for everything, so they can make money.

There's a laundry in PMH who sells travel (illegally).

If you want a CREDIT CARD you have to be working, deposit lots of money with them and take all your documentation when applying.

VCB is a very, very bureaucratic bank, they have forms for forms. Get with Agricultural Bank.

And don't use the @archvn of this country, they are like leaches except they suck your money instead of blood.

What is "@archvn?"

perry88 wrote:

What is "@archvn?"

The poster above who wants to make a buck for doing nothing.

Most likely a travel agent, visa agent and a hotel booking agent, too.

Where did the spirit of helping people go?

Amen Jaitch amen.

I can only speak to this lack of helping people in the US.  Since the movie, Wall Street (the origin of the line, "Greed is good,"), the morals and lack of compassion has steadily declined.  A recent report of 7 studies shows that among the wealthy there is a willingness to lie and cheat to get their way. I can only assume that through the popularity of American movies around the world this problem is manifesting in other countries.

ceccristobal wrote:

Thanks a lot for information.
what is ussual rate of credit. For example if i take in cash for my personal expenes 15% for year.and how much % if i want to buy house
THansk

I'm not native English speaker, so what do you mean by "rate of credit"? If it means "interest rate", I have just read the list of interest rate of Vietcombank HCMC on http://www.vcbhcm.com.vn/lstienvayvnd.htm and see that from 24th of December of 2012, the minimum interest rate is 11% per year and the maximum interest rate is 14,5% per year, how much they will apply for you depend on the purpose of the credit use, the term of the credit use and your financial capable. If you want to be granted credit to buy a house, the interest rate may depend on which house you will buy. And before buying a house, you have to satisfy some requirements detailed in laws of Vietnam.

One thing I forgot when I said about the documentation on my last post that the dossier should include your resident card (if any)

Hope that the information above is helpful to you

In addition, what did you mean by "take credit"? It means you want a CREDIT CARD or you want to be granted credit by any form of credit granting?

The interest rate I said about is for personal loan.

Thansk for your information
It means i wish to take 50 000 USD :D in cash to buy something for my life.the period is 1-2years. what is rate ?
11% right ? or 11 % for local money -Dongs

if I can save up 65 000 in 6 month, I make the purchase a few weeks later and save the hassle with the bank. In 2 years, you will pay back virtually the double you have borrowed.

Unless you have here a lot of assets, you are unlikely to get this kind of money.
Loan terms above 12 month are very rare given to individuals, not even for home buyers common. They have to re-mortgage each year. Lending money from family - taking the red book out, dealing new credit and giving it again to the bank and repay their family.

ceccristobal wrote:

Thansk for your information
It means i wish to take 50 000 USD :D in cash to buy something for my life.the period is 1-2years. what is rate ?
11% right ? or 11 % for local money -Dongs

This would be only the charge. Other positions, like insurance, credit charge, tea money .... might also apply.
Up to 20/25% p/a effective are very common.
For 2 years, you might have to deal that twice

I have called the Vietcombank today to ask if they can grant any kind of credit for foreigner other than credit card and they said:'No'.

I am using a visa credit card issuing by another local bank and the interest rate is 21% per year calculating on the amount I spent. But it takes 45 days with interest free from the date I make the transaction (I mean the day I buy goods), if after 45 days I still don't repay the amount I spent, they will calculate the interest rate from the date I made transaction. It means if I refund the amount one day after the 45th day, so I have to pay interest for 46 days. But if I withdraw cash by credit card there will no day with interest free.

And the currency of the card must be VND, transaction in Vietnam cannot pay in USD except some case stated in Decree No 160 issuing by Government of Vietnam and other related laws and regulations. When you pay in USD using the credit card(as the case may be), the amount will be automatically exchanged from USD to VND with the exchange rate decided by the bank.

Interest rate for loan in USD is commonly about 5%- 7%, but only those who meets specified conditions can take that credit.

Nhi wrote:

I have called the Vietcombank today to ask if they can grant any kind of credit for foreigner other than credit card and they said:'No'.

Here, Foreigner = individual foreigner, if it is a company owned by foreigner it may

@ceccristobal:
You. like many people, leak little bits of information out. So you don't get the right answers.

1. NEVER, EVER move money here until you need it. Easy in, hard out.
2. Only use SWIFT TRANSFER NEVER BANK INTERNAL transfers;
3. Inflation here is ALWAYS higher than interest. Over 23% last year. This means your money will depreciate in VN;
4. If you are buying property, know the rules (you don't buy land here). You can only buy real property (buildings) and then only in certain parts of VN (unless you marry a VNese).
5. You can get mortgages - most often from your 'friendly' banker.
6. Use a lawyer who knows property dealing.

Thanks i will think. i will try to ask  a bank...