ADVICE PLEASE! - Volunteering in Vanuatu

Hi all! After a school trip to the Banks Islands in northern Vanuatu to build a kindergarten and experience ni-Van culture, I fell in love with the country and its people, and have vowed to return for my gap year when I finish school (my final year is in 2013). I have contacts in the Torba Province that suggest I may be able to volunteer as a kindergarten teacher/English teacher back on the island i visited. It is only an idea at this stage

I was hoping for some advice/tips/information from expats who are currently living/have lived in Vanuatu about living in Vanuatu, how to behave, tips, warnings, information about culture and social etiquette, etc. Even general tips about being an expat/volunteer from those who have worked overseas anywhere would be brilliant!  Any comments at all would be great, so don't hesitate, I want to learn as much as possible so I am well-prepared and informed before I make any serious decisions. Thankyou! :)

Hello emilylouise16.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Concerning the volunteering, do not hesitate to post an advert in the Jobs in Vanuatu section. It might help.

Thank you,
Aurélie