Do and don't in the Vanuatu

Are you living in the Vanuatu? We need you to share your experience of the local customs :)

Is it difficult to adjust to the local customs in the Vanuatu?

Could you please share with us a list of the do's and don't's in the Vanuatu?

Thanks!

appreciate some comments for the thread. I am a newbie.

We visited Vanuatu in June 2013 to look at some investment property. We promptly fell in love and got married on the beach.

escape-to-vanuatu.com/contact.html

Will be moving in January 2014. We found the Ni-vans to be a very friendly people and genuinely happy that you have come to visit their country. My best advice is to be kind and considerate to the locals. Practice the Golden Rule!

Remember you are on Island Time which is a slower more relaxed way of life. Communication will not be difficult as they speak a creole English which is known as Bislama and is very easy to understand. And say Tank Yu rather than Thank You. See you will be speaking Bislama in no time.

"Tank yu" works in Ireland, too, Mitch!

In September I reminisced on my blog "Barlow's Cayman" about a couple of incidents from our time in what was then the New Hebrides - 1972-75. That's a long time ago now, and I would hope the health-management situation has improved from then. The reminiscences might bring a smile to the face of a current resident, though. Also, in November last year I wrote about a law that was on the books at the time, called "Aiding and abetting adultery". I would be very interested to know if that law or some similar one was carried forward into the new legal structure after independence. Can anybody tell me?  Thanks. Or tanks, of course.