Feeling lonely and old.

Just remember there words of wisdom" OLD AGE AND TREACHERY CAN OVERCOME YOUTH AND ENTHUSIASM ANYTIME" LOL!

Yeah I used to feel lonely and old.

I am not really not that old and I am in top physical condition plus I look incredibly handsome. (humble too. :))

However loneliness is an inner void that can't be filled by another person.

You can be in a relationship and be lonely. You can be surrounded with people all the time and still be lonely.

Love yourself and find a goal or dream that that gives your life meaning. Then consecrate on that.

Then if love show up that is great. If not you are so busy living your life that it does not matter.

I am way too picky and I will not settle for just anyone. If that means I am not in a relationship,that is fine with me.

you need to try something you never tried before. . it will open your perspective a lot. . all the best

Totatly agree :)

Hi Villereau   

My name is David i am 67 years old and retired and i almost never feel lonliness or old i walk 3 miles 2 times a day do 25 pushups and and 15 squat thrust 5 days a week i go out with my girl friend who is 37 years old i work in my yard and i play with solar power some times and other things i like to do mayby this will give you some ideas to pass the time to keep from being bored and lonely.   

Good luck:
                                      David1946

hi,dear friend.I think you shouldn't have such complain. in a way,we are all the same,you must change your attitude ,as you said,you have been working as secretary for many years,I can ensure that you must have rich experience in this area. so,never lose your passion,just give a smile to your job,everything will be ok.

It's quite easy to make new acquaintances, but it's true making friends is hard.
But in the end it's a numbers game, the compatible ones will stick around :)

I'm a quite introverted person (still am in certain circles) so what I do is I join many types of activities like in meetup.com (while I was abroad) or join some travel/food groups from facebook etc. Or, take a weekend course! I'm eyeing to continue my culinary study for example.

If you're in france, there will be plenty of opportunities to meet people if you're interested in art or food, I'm sure you'll find something! Or join a weekend group bike rides ;)

One more thing,

ericwt wrote:

Yeah I used to feel lonely and old.

However loneliness is an inner void that can't be filled by another person.

You can be in a relationship and be lonely. You can be surrounded with people all the time and still be lonely.

Love yourself and find a goal or dream that that gives your life meaning. Then consecrate on that.

Then if love show up that is great. If not you are so busy living your life that it does not matter.

I am way too picky and I will not settle for just anyone. If that means I am not in a relationship,that is fine with me.

I agree & share quite a similar view, then again the reality is that most people can't seem to imagine a fulfilling life while being alone. For some people, maybe their goal is also having a child/family etc.

But I think it's important to make the distinction that it's completely fine to want a relationship in one's life- as along as the thought does not consume the person and make them fall into depression/self-worthlessness.

Openwings, maybe think up fun short term goals & no need to worry about rushing even -if- you're wishing for a family, because worrying wont speed up things... just try to enjoy life & keep reaching out to people. ;)

At the end of the day - life is a pointless exercise.  That is unless you make something of it by giving and receiving.  The easiest way to "communicate" with someone else is a friendly smile. It's good for the soul to smile and laugh. It can become a habit to be wrapped up in the negative side of life (which everyone has some of this).  Give your time and attention to others without the expectation of reward. I understand that some communities are so well functioning there is little way to contribute to others' welfare or enjoyment - and our modern technological society is also to blame for disrupting interpersonal relationships (people with their heads in their phones).  Communicating by writing is a great way to have someone "listen". You have found it ! Blogs and Forums are places where people "meet" in this 21st century.  Never be lonely - write something for others to read.... and respond.

Hello,
I've spent my life at work, just for a job as a secretary ! Because of that I couldn't find real relations or friends in this country and I've lost my german friends.
I got througha very difficult period at work and  now I feel lonely and old. Are there other members with similar problems ? How did you deal with that ?
Rgds

Hi,

It is not the end of the world. There are so many fishes in the sea. Sharing with your friends makes you better.

why is that so?

where ever you are from and how ever your age it doesn't matter when you have people around you still want to talk to you and have fun , I love to have new friends every one is welcome iam Egyptian man 31 years living in Dubai , [email protected] ,

one thing more , people just remind you when they need some thing jus delete them from u life !!!

Hi Villereau,

You maybe workaholic. You spend almost your time working. I also have some friends like you. Now, she has been better.
For this case, you had better balance between work & life. Work only accounts for 30% in life, the remains are friends, family, enjoyment...

Hi there,
I m sorry I am writing this so late.  I do not hang out on Facebook or social websites normally and perhaps this is hurting my social life as well.  I share your concerns.  I am getting on in life and am feeling that the fun things are getting elusive. Most of my activities are centered around...repairing things in the house, the computer, the garden!!!  cooking meals which no one appreciates!!  and friends are so fleeting...
I would like to say that I am a genuine friend, I am not interested in social climbing and have friends who are well-connected socially and friends who are struggling to make ends meet.  But being so far away from friends, Dubai has disappointed me in that I see it as an apartheid society with clans of distinct nationalities who are not as cosmopolitan as they think they are.  Just because they get a splashy car does not mean they can sit with royalty.  They have not travelled enough and do not know about the world.
If you happen to see this email, I hope you have a chance to reply in your busy [email protected]
Yours truly,
Yasmin

Hello Dear,

Loneliness is everybodies nature but we always run away from it thats the reason we never come to know who am i and what for i came in this world because so much we are occupied with friends relatives work and other activities,i dont know how you will feel after reading this but if you really want something about urself that cannot be told or spoken by anyone and only you can find out through your loneliness.

Be alone and be happy
But it doesnt mean that you should not talk to anyone or visit anyone just do all the necessary things and talks you have to do and still be alone in the heart then only you can listen to the inner world within you.

Love
Anil

Dear Anil,
You are a wise person and I appreciate your input.
Thank you,
Yasmin

Dear Yasmin,

Thanks

regards,
anil

I feel that way some times especially during my off days.
But whenever i look at the mirror i keep on reminding myself
That i may be far from the people i love i know in my heart that
i am not alone..my family will always be there for me and care for me.
That even if i will be older ill never be alone.i love being me.and i dont regret my wrong choices especially when i did it for love and passion.

hello I hope we can be friends. have a nice day

Lonely is boring. You have to have people around to make life fun; especially when they're female, inexperienced and foolish.
As in Matthew 25:1-13, I want the lasses without the oil in their lamps so I can get them in the dark.

Now to old.
Old isn't measured in time; more how much of a boring fart you are.
I know 20 year old pensioners and 70 year old teenaged kids who P A R T Y.

Personally, I'll be young as long as there's lead in my pencil and I can make cuddly with foolish virgins.

Like your post mas fred.

With family ranging in age from 7 to 17 and a young wife I never feel old or lonely....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMBkLs4Cg-A

Actually...................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXZb5UodTJw

i think any way in your age a life just have started so feel better, create your self, do what u want, and then friends ll find u, and of coz your real love.
This is your life. Do what you love, and do it often. If you don' t like something, change it. If you don' t like your job, quit. If you don' t have enough time, stop watching TV. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop; they will be waiting for you when you start doing things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. All emotions are beautiful. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Open your mind, arms, and heart to new things and people, we are united in our differences. Ask the next person you see what their passion is, and share your inspiring dream with them. Travel often; getting lost will help you find yourself. Some opportunities only come once; seize them. Life is about the people you meet and the things you create with them, so go out and start creating. Live your dream, and wear your passion. Life is short.

hello!  :cheers:  my name is melanie, i am 26 and i moved last year in april to london. most of the time i feel lonely because i couldn't make a lot friends yet. would u like to have someone to go for a coffee and chatting? it would be nice!  :D  ah and i am swiss. i'm speaking german as well! 😉 looking forward to hear from u. greetings melanie

Mandy Meister wrote:

After my last relationship ended by my boyfriend cheating on me Ive decided I just need to be single. There was a guy that I knew from college that I ran into and we always had liked each other so we started hanging out. It was nothing serious but randomly he stopped talking to me. I haven't talked to him in awhile until I ran into him again with a girl hes obviously seeing so I figured out he stopped talking to me due to the fact that I would not sleep with him. I am not looking to not have a guy in my life but I am not wanting a relationship I just want a companion, but obviously I cannot find that in a guy without having sex, which im not willing to do. Any suggestions on how I can stay single without having the lonely feeling?

Hello Mandy Meister,

Being lonely is not a sin but to find out how to be lonely and alone is a gift....learn from nature the trees,sky,cloud,star,sun and moon all are lonely but they have purpose...so search your purpose and then even if you are alone and lonely it will not hurt you...infact you will love it...all the great discoveries and inventions has happenend only with lonelyness and alone....for your boyfriend i am sorry but life is not all about having sex or not,even though sex is a physical need...but if you feel its not required for you then great...use your sex energy in some creative things ...you will feel more relax and being alone or lonely will not be boredom for you...

regards,
Anil

it can be difficult - especially with making foreigner friends - mostly because they are not here forever, and you neither , so someone it seems pointless - I mostly just hang around vietnamese, and that make me feel less lonely - it helps when you learn vietnamese ...

feeling boring here in dubai

Flight charges are very cheap from Dubai to India just take a break .............

Hi,

I am local Hanoian,
I can help you if you have chance to Hanoi
I think you will feel better after we meet

Best

mel87london wrote:

hello!  :cheers:  my name is melanie, i am 26 and i moved last year in april to london. most of the time i feel lonely because i couldn't make a lot friends yet. would u like to have someone to go for a coffee and chatting? it would be nice!  :D  ah and i am swiss. i'm speaking german as well! 😉 looking forward to hear from u. greetings melanie

Hello Melanie, :)

Oh my, YOU feel lonely and old???  :o

Well on Monday this week I felt old. Reason is I suppose because I am old  :lol:
I was on a hike in the countryside outside of Basel in a fairly hilly region. All of the others, mostly girls, are a lot younger that I am. 
On one section after a short break I started off in front with a Dutch girl and I kept egging her on so that the rest of them didn't catch us up. I kept telling her, if you are in front the pain is not half as bad as when you are at the back. She was impressed with my logic. Every now and then I turned round and told her how the others were still well behind us and were well and truly p*ssed off with us for setting such a cracking pace up hill. She realized by then that I was only joking but she kept the pace up enjoying being in the lead all the way to the top of the hill.
Well the next day I could feel my leg muscles a bit...

Though every seconds we are getting older and older so no one can say i am not old....even a new born baby after a day will say i am one old....but going on top of hill and getting tired....its excess of walking in the mountains makes you tired...but not old.....

Really a MESS within to feel and see yourself...old..

But for an instance..I am young and asked to feel like a kid..does it make any sense?
Take it as an evolution of life..its advancement of your mind, approach, feelings and state of mind!!
When you go grey, its for sure to be deemed as more authentic, reliable, decent and attractive..unless you make your own mind an OLD TANK...dont do that plz!!!

Share your happy life slots with others, have a smile on your lips and be in contact with a happy mode to any body you come across...

Yes life is very lonely sometimes and boring too...  :sick
Feeling like old...
silence makes me frighten sometimes..
when my puppy barks am thinking whether some burglars there.  :(
Not some's life is the desired one.

Hi,

Have you tried Internations website,, they seem to have a lot of different places all over the globe that have groups that meet and have breakfast and travel together.  Try that.. I am a member in Quito, Ecuador.

Hello Madam Mal,

Reply to Madam Denise in Denver....she has suggested you something....

Regards,
anil

IT is called Internations.. it is on the web,, it is great for meeting people and it does not cost must per month to join and they have outings and activities,, it helps with the "I feel so alone."

follow her ?

Meet expats all over the world

OR