Nanny for my kids

hi,

we are moving to jeddah in january (joining my husband who works there now). we'll be living in a compound.

may i ask how to meet nannies to take care of my children while i will be working (day time, my kids are 16 months old and 5 yo)

also, do you what are the average salary for a nanny working from 9 am to 6 pM.

thanks a lot for your help;

lala

There are agencies or often by word of mouth - a neighbour or friend's maid/nanny may have a friend looking for work.

Usually you will pay around SR 20-25 per hour, although you could probably make a deal for a monthly amount - around SR2000-2500 a month would be the most you would probably pay, depends upon whether you also plan to supply room & board.

thank you very much for your help. do you know if ususally we have to pay while we are traveling (like summer time)?

I don't know the norm on that one - many Saudi's take their nanny on holiday with them - so obviously they get paid. Friends of ours didn't pay their driver during the summer -  but did give him a little extra in the last month as a "holiday bonus". I guess you can always work it out with her when you employ her.

thank you very much for your help.