Planning to move to jakarta

hi all! Am planning to move to jakarta....need some estimate on cost of living etc....we are a family of four(two adults, two kids)...can you guide us about the approximate cost of living for our Indian household...schooling etc...the company is providing house, car, medical etc....salary offered around 3500 USD.....

Hey there
I am also living in Jakarta...how old are your kids? Education is expensive here if you want to put your kids in a good school.

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert/?Amount=3 … age=Submit

3,500.00 USD    =    33,670,000.00 IDR

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012 … p-22m.html

2013 Jakarta minimum wage set at Rp 2.2m

Maybe we can make this thread a sticky to save seeing the same question every week.

Mas Fred I should learn from you, far more diplomatic with your answer than I could.

Navnetta, check this link, its something I compiled a while back but still roughly the same.

mylifejakarta.blogspot.com/2012/01/cost-of-living-jakarta-2012.html

lukereg wrote:

Mas Fred I should learn from you, far more diplomatic with your answer than I could.

Navnetta, check this link, its something I compiled a while back but still roughly the same.

mylifejakarta.blogspot.com/2012/01/cost-of-living-jakarta-2012.html

My middle name is subtle, sadly the next name is ba...........

Very nice list but a few errors come to mind.
You list pepsi when a bottle of real coke is only 4,000.

You need to define 'gallon' when talking about bottles of drinking water and the refill price is 12,000 for the top quality Aqua.
A 'gallon' is actually 19L

I can't comment on deodorant as I never use it. (This may explain why I don't have any friends)

The netbook price is a bit low - add about a million with legal windows

Movie tickets will cost you about 35 to 50,000.
I can get a nice hotel for less but that's a common price.

I have no clue about bar prices but I understand the bars where westerners hang out are rip off places that charge daft prices for  cheap beer but female company is easily available and you can negotiate the price per hour. It may cost more if you don't use deodorant.
AIDS is a massive problem in some sections of the population - just don't.

good and please not think later