Is smart woman "a threat" to men???

Just wonder why in the office, a smart woman is considered a threat to men...hmmmm... in term of career!;)))

Back in the old times Men(provider) used to go out to hunt,gather food and protect his family. women used to stay at home cleaning,cooking, taking care of  kids and so forth.
But the world changed so fast! Nowaday men don't do what they used to do anymore, women stepped up and most of them became successful some are rich, millionaire some are even billionaire.they don't need men( the provider)for anything even for kids because she can just adopt one! Some men are intimidated by such women but it doesn't necessarily mean that it is a threat to them.

Insecurity on the part of men.
They feel threatened.

in my opinion,,both of man or woman have their own role..their own part...
a smart woman would be a privilege for both..vice versa

threatened or not be threatened..it's all only a matter of perception..the matter of point of view..the way you feel something  to feel...

and for me,no matter if it's man or woman..if they are smart,it will be their 'obligation' to share their skill to everyone..

-b-

stumpy wrote:

Insecurity on the part of men.
They feel threatened.

I disagree.
I have no problem at at with women being smart as it tends to make them far better at ironing and cooking.
Saves having to teach them how to use the remote control as well.

dessy81 wrote:

Just wonder why in the office, a smart woman is considered a threat to men...hmmmm... in term of career!;)))

hmmmnn I don't think so, is your boss a MAN? so thats explain your co-workers are threatened hihih. :D

Whoever's right for the job, man or woman, doesn't matter. One of the best bosses I have ever had was a woman. Made no difference to me. She was far more exciting to work for than any man I have worked for. We became mates and have continued this friendship for some 15 years now.

any man who's threatened by a woman at work is likely to also be threatened by other smart men as well.

Both men and women are subject to jealousy...Jealous of each other capability.

disagreed..men are still intimidated and dominant

baggio18 wrote:

Both men and women are subject to jealousy...Jealous of each other capability.

agree....the winner takes all.:)

Why would anyone be threatened by intelligence?  Smart people cure diseases and land on the moon.  Stupid people rob liquor stores and wear pants around their ankles.

women are big a threat for man smart or not .. women have the sense to feel what her man hiding from her

depends on how you mean by threat .
Do you mean causing injury, punishment, danger to men?

i think it shall b a motivation for other?:)

Smart women are a threat to dumb men.

beppi wrote:

Smart women are a threat to dumb men.

this is a good logic :D

Dumb men are a threat to small animals.

smarter women are ok to be around , as friend , work associate or family , but not as GF or wife , see though most men say they want smart woman , what they really mean is that they want some one who is smart but not smarter than them , someone who offer them challenge but not win it , woman feel the same , for some reason , women seek safety , & they feel so when accompanied by superior intellegnce to their self -among other things -
the smarter the guy the smarter he want his girl to be - as long as she doesn't exceed him-
personally i think wat should matter is how the woman intellegence complete the man , like he's good with words & she's good with math or sth

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Dumb men are a threat to small animals.

dumb men are a threat to all living creatures , they wage wars , destroy environment , spread hate & screw all of us over ,
they aren't jst a problem for small animals :D

... in the bible
woman WAS the downfall of man.:lol:

Whose bible?

Guardian wrote:

smarter women are ok to be around , as friend , work associate or family , but not as GF or wife , see though most men say they want smart woman , what they really mean is that they want some one who is smart but not smarter than them , someone who offer them challenge but not win it ,

I sincerely hope that's not true.

Guardian wrote:

woman feel the same , for some reason , women seek safety , & they feel so when accompanied by superior intellegnce to their self -among other things -
the smarter the guy the smarter he want his girl to be - as long as she doesn't exceed him-

I definitely know that's not true.

I sincerely hope that's not true.

i hoped so too, but it was true though men usually deny that

I definitely know that's not true.

which part , the women seek safety or that they prefer men with superior intelegence to their own

smart people are never a threat...
mad people are

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Whose bible?

i though women had better memories (and that is a fact guys).. it is not whose bible but Eve is in all the bibles which ever one you read.

hELLnoi wrote:

smart people are never a threat...
mad people are

:D:D:D
that is understatement

Guardian wrote:

which part , the women seek safety or that they prefer men with superior intelegence to their own

The generalization about women that I quoted.

hELLnoi wrote:
HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Whose bible?

i though women had better memories (and that is a fact guys).. it is not whose bible but Eve is in all the bibles which ever one you read.

Is there an Eve in the Bhagavad Gita?

The generalization about women that I quoted.

ah sry i didn't mean to generalize , was jst stating observations from my own life

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
hELLnoi wrote:
HaileyinHongKong wrote:

Whose bible?

Is there an Eve in the Bhagavad Gita?

Bible
The Bible (from Koine Greek τὰ βιβλία ta biblia "the books") is a canonical collection of texts considered sacred in Judaism or Christianity
Bhagavad Gita
The Bhagavad Gita, also referred to as Gita, is a 700-verse Dharmic scripture that is part of the Hindu epic Mahabharata. This scripture contains a conversation between Pandava prince Arjuna and his guide Krishna on a variety of philosophical issues.

hELLnoi wrote:

Bible
The Bible (from Koine Greek τὰ βιβλία ta biblia "the books") is a canonical collection of texts considered sacred in Judaism or Christianity
Bhagavad Gita
The Bhagavad Gita, also referred to as Gita, is a 700-verse Dharmic scripture that is part of the Hindu epic Mahabharata. This scripture contains a conversation between Pandava prince Arjuna and his guide Krishna on a variety of philosophical issues.

Wikipedia is something, isn't it?

On a personal level I have never felt threatened by smart knowledgeable women.

I have worked alongside women project engineers, project managers and financial controllers. All very good at their job and have learnt from them.

Treat them as equals and there is no problem.

Hi,
That depends on the man point of thinking.

hi, different man will react in different way

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR