FOB

Hi all, arrived in Istanbul a week ago.

I am Australian but have lived in China for the last 3 1/2 years, and in South Korea for the two years before that.

My plan is to live here for a while. I like the feel of the city.

So things I need to do:

Find somewhere to live.

Start thinking about getting a job.

Residence permit.

and all the while, learn Turkish.

I am a teacher. I taught science in Australia, then English in South Korea, and then IB science in China, biology and environmental science, as well as some general science and middle school math.

I prefer to teach biology, but would also like to teach some chemistry.

If you know of any share accommodation or house sitting available from about now and into the next couple of months I would love to hear about it.

h

Hello mnhnhyouh.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Concerning the accommodation, you should post an advert in the Housing in Istanbul section. It shall help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi mnhnhyouh,

There're many private schools in Istanbul and you can contact with them about working( You can find them on google ).

First, Learning Turkish is really hard for native English speakers :) You should meet and speak to Turkish people to improve your Turkish. Don't hesitate to contact with me you can ask me whatever you want. I hope it's helpful to you.

Take care,

Yasin.

[Moderated]

Hello,

İ know a good teacher for the turkish lessons,her name is Necla,she speaks english,she takes 60 TL for 1 hour,you may contact her
[email protected]

Good luck!