Coming to istanbul

hi guys,

am looking 2 travel 2 turkey 2 live and work there.
can any one advise me, best area 2 live in, cheap rent,
and cost of living etc..

wishes

It totally depends what your into as it varies greatly.

One suggestion though, maybe change your profile pic and username as it may trigger alot of unwanted attention.

Good luck,

Murray

A place to live in i guess its sisli, my favorite is taksim and mecdeykoy, ur salary must be at least 2000TL = 1000USD .  Renting a room in a flatshare from $250 to $400 it depends on the location....
Good luck :)

hello guys,
thank u 4 ur reply,
but really am lost, can u give some names with cheap rent

what about european and asian side wuld u mention difference

i just want to rent a room with no more than 500 tyl
include every thing if may so

hi Rafid80,
do u know more cheap than this

Yes, u can find a room with that price BUT find a job first then rent a room close to where u work...
I agree that u must think twice before u come, finding jobs here is difficult for non turkish speakers

what if i speak my lang + english and will learn turk there
still hard 2 find

Helo refid the location you said about,can i get a room for atleast 300 - 450tly

İstanbul is big city so you got to be more spesific about your situation other way nobody can help you

u need to learn istanbul little bit first

How sina

Ahahha turkish people are great to help... Seriously .... Ahahah

Hi. I live in istanbul buyukcekmece. Here is safe and cheap. But what is your job? First u must search for job. U can find good russian firms also here.

Hi Russiangirl,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

I suggest you post an advert in the Rooms for rent in Istanbul please and you will get to compare the prices as well :)

I invite you to read this article on the Living in Turkey and maybe browse through the discussion on the Cost of living in Turkey :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

I supose to be in istanbul tomorow but what i heard that the immgation officers at the airport are strictly disturbing,they are demanding 2000usd that abt 4000tl for bta,so i have to cancel flight to get the money,but i need help from someone already in istanbul with some certain information,

I would definitely suggest you change your profile picture... otherwise people will be contacting you for the wrong reasons! just be careful :)

Jade:

Maybe its hot in Russia these days  !!

hi

Hello feyenord25,

It would be better to post a longer message that just a hi as this will not help the members to know you better.

How can we help you please?

Thank you :)

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

i advice to everybody to check kariyer.net because this is the biggest web site for job seekers in turkey

useful site but it needs to be in other languages.

Hi

Asian side in Istanbul, you can find rent home 1+1 350 TL    or 2+1  500 TL equal to 200 usd!
not just a room in a shared home like our friends are saying

The area names are:

Kartal-Pendik- Tuzla

welcome for any advices

Hi r u still in Istanbul

Oh great .... this will be our target :top:  when we come to Turkey in shaa Allah

Currently, I'm in Cairo.....I shall come to Istanbul this summer in shaa Allah.

ı am  Yulia from Kazakhstan. I rented a suıte ın Turkey , Konya and lookıng for a roommate

Write me on xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone,

@ Yulia, welcome on board  :)

I suggest you refer to the proper section of the website : Housing in Istanbul. You may browse the existing adverts and even drop your own one.

@ Sraj13, it will be most appreciated if you introduce yourself and give some tips, advices about Istanbul rather than posting your e-mail ad (which is not allowed on the forum).

All the best
Bhavna