Move to Norway

Hi Everybody,
              I am new person for this e-blog. I done my MBA IN HR FROM UK. Now i am  in India and i think about to come Norway. I Know Norwegian language. so what you say guys? is it right decision to come norway?

Hello pragnesh_2002us.

Welcome to the forum! :)

A new thread has been created from your message on the Olso forum for more interaction.

Why Norway? Have you ever been there before?

Thank you,
Aurélie

it costs LOTS of money, my girlfriend is from UK and i had to support her until she found a job.

finding a job might take months, my girlfriend used 6 months to get a job in burger king.

She knew the language, and her degree didn't mean nothing.

Save up alot of money before you come.

Job hunting is pretty hard if your not a norweigian citizen.

you may know the language which is a big plus but still then tend to favor locals for professional jobs.

I myself am from asia and had to work my real hard to get a job. and after close to 800 applications I got a lucky break and landed a job. The thing is if we get an interview then we can prove our worth. But to get an interview is the hardest thing.

as a country im loving norway and its a calm\quiet place to enjoy life. (this is relavent to the hectic rat races in asian countries where 12 hour work shifts are a norm)

I wish you best of luck

Hiroshima: Yes, I truely believe that some employers will discriminate when they receive applications allthough in theory it is an egalitarian society.

In theory everyone is equal, but still we see that often there are jobs which native Norwegians are less keen to take which are then being passed on to immigrants - this is also a reality, and it is not fair to ignore it because in this way you see many immigrants live out the "egalitarian ideas" by taking on these jobs.

I would like, however to add that often even ethnic Norwegian job seekers sens off many many applications without getting the job.