Small claims court in Estonia

Hello

I have just been ripped off by my ex-landlord in Tartu who not only gassed us (CO) with a faulty stove but has kept our deposit. Its not a fortune but I just dont like this sort of guy getting away with it . . he will do it to someone else.

Any advice on taking the guy to court?

Cheers

David

ok , my friend ...here's what you need in order have a case in court:

1. the renting contract papers
2. the fiscal recipe of your deposit( advance payment, etc)
3. if you say you have been gassed , you need a medical certificate that would sustain your version
4. if you've been evicted , in order to prove the date of the eviction , you need the new renting contract papers from your new place

that's for the beginning

We have the first two, the third we can see about getting as we had to call an ambulance, the forth does not apply.

I found out abit more through the Estonian Court in Tartu and we post more information as we come across it. Just in case someone else finds themselves in a similar situation.

if you had to call the ambulance and it has arrived then there must be a medical-report ...
yes,the fourth is not strictly necessary

The most important thing , in cases like this one, is ALWAYS HAVE PAPERS/DOCUMENTS/FISCAL RECIPES for your actions! In court you can sustain your case using proofs as "papers" or "witnesses" , but when it comes to money related cases , sometimes the witness testimony won't be accepted ...