The Heating System in Tartu Appartments

I am planning onto studying in Tartu, for that reason i will be renting a single room for myself. My main concern is the heating comfort of the rooms in the city of Tartu. Can someone please reply who provides the heating in the city (government etc.) and whether it can be adjusted to an adequate temperature in the room? and also is the cost of heating ?

Electric heating can be more expensive, since electricity is very high. If you have an electrically heated apartment, it is generally the least efficient. It can cost you up to

There are 5 types of heating in Estonia.
Central heating (supplied by the city-from central heating stations)
If you have central heating supplied by the city it can be expensive. I had a 70 square meter apartment with city heating and it costs me up to 200-250 euros in the dead of winter (for the heating alone). You are charged by the square meter. So if your apartment is 20sq meters, expect to play closer to 70 euros in coldest month. You cannot always adjust this level of temperature.

Electric heating (supplied by plug-in wall mounted electric heaters) or inverter heatpumps.
Electric heating can be more expensive, since electricity is very high. If you have an electrically heated apartment, it is generally the least efficient. It "can" cost you up to 100 Euros (in dead of winter) a month if it is the only heating type you have. Basing this on a 20 Sq meter flat. However, it can be more efficient, if you live in a new building. Most importantly, you can control the temperature. If you have electric "Floor heating" this can be extremely efficient and useful. Probably half the cost of an inverter or wall mounted system.

Central heating (supplied by the building)
This is generally not a bad option. Some buildings have their own boiler systems which pump hot water through the piping system to each room. This way you don't have to rely on city heating which can be very expensive. This option might run you somewhere between 40-80 Euros a month on a 20 sq meter apartment. This is a less common option. Sometimes these central heating systems are ran through pipenetworks in your floor, and actually heat your floor. It is in fact the absolute most efficient system if it is floor heating from a building central heatin system. You'd pay probably 30-40 euros a month for this, but it might not be adjustable.

Furnace/Oven/Stove heating
If you have an old place which this system, it can be very cozy. It is generally more available in the older homes as the main heating source. The cost to heat is based on how much wood you buy.