Do I have to pay a year advance rent when signing an apartment lease?

Hi,

I would like to know the standard requirement when renting an apartment.

Do the apartment manager's require first and last months rent plus security deposit? or do I have to pay six to a year in advance on a lease.

Please advise.

Thanks

you do not require such thing.. in kuwait, mostly, you have pay the rent in advance.. for the month.. for example, for the month of october 2012, you have to pay on 1st october 2012 and so on..

nothing like in UAE.. we need to pay one month rent - at the beginning of the month.. and if you want to vacate, you need to tell at the beginning of the month. for example, In oct 2012, you will pay the rent and say that i am moving out with this month... this is most prevailing practice... then check for the specific building requirements...

good luck

Maximum is 1.5 months rent as security (normally only 1 month) and 1 month in advance..... I have rented apartments here with no deposit just the monthly rent in advance.

Thanks so much. Was kind of worried about it as this is the practice in UAE. :)

ahhh.. no.. no... not like UAE!.. THEY ARE LOOTING!!!

Often, it is depend to your agreements.
You can pay monthly, quarterly or semi-annual .

the majority accept monthly payments. at the beginning of each month for the month in question, do be careful to pay rent in advance when going on vacation.

if ur married, u'll need a copy of your marriage licence, along with your civil ID (or visit visa copy).

easy, right?